Sign in with
Your question

First Timer (Guild Wars 2 Build)

Last response: in Systems
February 18, 2012 3:51:02 AM

First off let me say I have been out of the PC gaming wold for about 5 months, because my laptops GPU has committed suicide from heat exhaustion. I have a Asus G51VT with m9800GT graphics card running at like 100-110c and then it just gave up...

I am looking to build a desktop for the first time to play some new MMO's that hopefully come out this year like Guild Wars 2, Tera, Blade and Soul. I don't know how demanding these games will be, and I am not trying to max the AA or anything special just play on high, max setting with around 50-60 FPS consistent. I do play play some other games like Dioblo, LoL, Minecraft (Nothing demanding) and use Photoshop.

My big issue with building a computer right now is that new hardware to the best of knowledge is coming out. The whole Ivy bridge. Doesnt that mean that either A.) New great products, or B.) Nice cheap prices on already good products. I don't mind waiting if you all think it is a smarter investment.

Approximate Purchase Date: June at the latest. If I have to wait for new hardware to come out, I can.

Budget Range: I am uncertain (Haven't done taxes) But im thinking about 1200-1500$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Internet, *Photoshop, *Video Editing. **Maybe a few times a month

Parts Not Required: Mouse...

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Cheapest prices work for me.

Parts Preferences: Intel build.

Overclocking: If its not to complex.

SLI or Crossfire: Crossfire if its possible with budget.

Monitor Resolution: Either Eyefinity (Don't think its possible in budget, or a 24'', or 27'' monitor.

More about : timer guild wars build

February 18, 2012 4:08:53 AM

Quote:
My big issue with building a computer right now is that new hardware to the best of knowledge is coming out. The whole Ivy bridge. Doesnt that mean that either A.) New great products, or B.) Nice cheap prices on already good products. I don't mind waiting if you all think it is a smarter investment.

I don't think it will mean either A or B. Ivy will enable a few features that Sandy Bridge doesn't do like PCI-E 3.0, but after how horrible the AMD FX line was recieved after it's relatively insane overhype, I'm taking a wait and see attitude on all new CPUs from here on out. Even SB-E (LGA 2011/X79) was only a minor improvement over SB.

It certainly won't mean the latter. I thought that the new AMD 7XXX GPU series was going mean price drops on the 69XX GPUs but those are in the process of being phased out and discontinued, rather than seeing the prices drop.

Here you go:

Case: Fractal Design Arc MIDI - $99.99
PSU: Corsair TX750 V2 - $104.99
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3H-D3 - $149.99
CPU: 3.30Ghz Intel Core i5-2500K - $229.99
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - $34.99
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1333MHz 1.5V - $39.99
HD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB - $129.99
SSD: 64GB Crucial M4 - $79.99
Optical: Lite on DVD Burner - $17.99
Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 560TI - $249.99
Monitor: ASUS VH236H Black 23" Full HD Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ Speakers - $169.99

Total: $1,417.98
m
l
!