Sign in with
Your question

Ati mobility radeon hd 3670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 19, 2011 7:22:18 PM

Hello,

I just got a problem with my computer, therefor i reinstalled it completly.
Almost everything is working good now, but i got a problem with my graphic card : the drivers don't seem to work. When i look at the details of the material, i get this description for the error : Ce périphérique ne peut pas démarrer. (Code 10) (sorry, i'm french...)

I tried to look for the drivers on internet, but i can't find something working for me...

My computer is a Dell Studio XPS 1640. The graphic card is a ATI Mobility radeon HD 3670.

Thanks for your help!

a b U Graphics card
December 19, 2011 7:36:54 PM

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

I found a thread where someone has the exact same issue as you. Follow what they did and see if that works! http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-graphics/74687-ati-...

"I got it figured out. I had to manually navigate to the CCC folder inside of the package. The path was C:/dell//R227577/Packages/Apps/CCC/setup.exe. The drive letter and directory after can be different depending on which you got through Dell. I'd imagine this process would work for other laptops and desktops. Just follow the paths depending on your package setup."
December 19, 2011 8:04:06 PM

Thanks for this answer!
I think i got the same kind of problem, since the Catalyst install manager doesn't seem to install the graphic pilots.

I tried to do the same as describied in this topic, but i couldn't figure out how to force windows to use a specific driver and not a standard one : when i uninstall my graphic card, i have to reboot the computer to be able to reinstall it, but windows always use his own driver (which one doesn't work of course ;)  ) and i can't use mine...

Sorry, i'm really bad in informatics, perhaps it's a very easy thing to do ^^

Thanks again for your quick answer, now i have a clue to solve my problem :=)
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 19, 2011 8:07:57 PM

Hmm. I think you're referring to the windows basic driver. That is the one that kicks in if it doesn't find a dedicated one. I'm not sure how to fix it, I'll look around and get back to you.
December 20, 2011 10:42:30 AM

Hi!

I found a way to force windows to use a specific driver.
But i still got a problem with the driver...

I downloaded a library of drivers from ATI website, which includes many drivers for various graphic cards. But in this list, my graphic card doesn't appear... I don't know if it's because my graphic card is too old or what :s

And I tried to find a way to use the setup.exe included in the DELL Packages, as explained in the topic you linked, but I didn't obtain any results :s
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2011 1:46:40 PM

Hmm, that's going to be tough. Maybe you need to extract the Dell drivers and then use the AMD installer? This is a difficult issue but I'm going to help you as much as I can.
December 20, 2011 3:23:42 PM

Hello there,

I finally had my problem fixed!
Now my graphic card is correctly detected and drivers are working.
Everything seems to be okay, but i will keep an eye on this to be sure ;) 

I found the solution to my problem using this : http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php
I didn't understand everything that this tool has been doing, but I followed the step-by-step explaination, and now it works. It's well explained, since I've been able to do it ;) 

Maybe it could help some other person having a similiar issue!

Thanks a lot for your time and help striker410 !! ;) 
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2011 3:43:27 PM

No problem! Glad you worked it out. I'm sure this will indeed help those in the future.

If it's not to much trouble could you select me as best answer? Lets the other members know we got you fixed up :) 
!