Alright HDMI port problem on TV

Helltech

Distinguished
-I didn't know what Sub-Category to use, and we all know the Display section on the forums is dead...so yeah-

Ok, I need your help guys. Something really odd is going on. I have a Vizio TV. I have my xbox and my cable plugged into 2 of the 3 available HDMI ports it has. A couple weeks ago I was bored and wanted to try my Xbox on my monitor, just for giggles. It all worked great, but when I plugged my Xbox back into my TV it says "Not support!". Now my TV and Monitor were both at 1920x1080. I tried everything to fix it, I plugged my cable box into the same port my xbox was in and it works fine. If I plug my xbox into another port IT works fine. So I'm like ok.. that’s weird and I just switched them around.

Then today I bought another monitor for guests so they don't have to use a 1024x1280 monitor. It’s an awesome ASUS, to make sure their xboxs would work on it I plugged my xbox into it and yeah.. When I plugged it back into my TV it wouldn't work AGAIN. It just says Not Support!! However if I plug my Xbox into my LAST available HDMI port it works just fine....

I've basically "ruined" the xbox plugging into two of the HDMI ports, and I don’t know how. The HDMI ports still work perfectly fine with other devices, but they won't accept the xbox.

I tried resetting all the TV settings and that didn't help.

Any ideas at all!?

EDIT - Wow just called Xbox and they told me to reset the xbox with the controller and press teh R trigger and Y button as its turning on and it will fix it. I'll be damned it did. Its wierd because thats supposed to "reset the resolution". However the resolution settings are still the same, at 1080p so I don't get it but it worked.

Helltech

Distinguished
Yeah I'm not sure, seems wierd. Its working now by resetting the resolution settings. But I actually thought of that already, when I got the xbox working in the second HDMI port the FIRST time it buggered up I turned it on and made sure the display settings were correct, and they were. Yet putting it back in the place it was originally still didn't work. So I'm not sure how resetting the resolution settings fixed the problem, but it did so yeah.