Closed Solved

Switch vs 650d

22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about switch 650d
  1. Corsair is a sturdier build...Switch looks cooler...Corsair is cheaper...One is mid, one is full. Do you need full tower space?

    Corsair by far in reality unless you are watercooling...Corsair 550D is where it is really at once released...
  2. Delirious788 said:
    Corsair is a sturdier build...Switch looks cooler...Corsair is cheaper...One is mid, one is full. Do you need full tower space?

    Corsair by far in reality unless you are watercooling...Corsair 550D is where it is really at once released...

    I am gonna use a Watercooler and i needed Airflow too
  3. Umm then I'd say it is a toss up. Corsair is less room but a much sturdier build. It is a little tougher decision. Are you using an all in one cpu watercooler or an actual watercooling setup?

    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/51393-nzxt-switch-810-case-review.html
  4. Delirious788 said:
    Umm then I'd say it is a toss up. Corsair is less room but a much sturdier build. It is a little tougher decision. Are you using an all in one cpu watercooler or an actual watercooling setup?

    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/51393-nzxt-switch-810-case-review.html

    I am gonna use a Corsair H100
  5. http://www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/5/550d_side_open_built_1.png

    There is the H100 in the Corsair 550D which is a touch smaller than the 650D. I couldnt find a pic of the 650D with it in it, but the point is you should have plenty of room still for everything and more.

    With rebate it is cheaper and again...it is not plastic...that just...ugh...the case flat out needs to be stronger than plastic IMO. some parts ok...side panels...not so much...
  6. Delirious788 said:
    http://www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/5/550d_side_open_built_1.png

    There is the H100 in the Corsair 550D which is a touch smaller than the 650D. I couldnt find a pic of the 650D with it in it, but the point is you should have plenty of room still for everything and more.

    I also forgot I want to see the inside of it. lol :D
  7. Guy_98 said:
    I also forgot I want to see the inside of it. lol :D

    Both have windows so you should be good there...I'm not saying go with the 550D, but the 650D. I was just showing the 550D as an example of PRETTY close of what the 650D will look like with the H100 in it. I was just mentioning the 550D since it will most likely be my next case for Ivy Bridge PC and am pretty pumped about it.

    Sorry for the miscommunication.
  8. for watercooling go with switch cause-
    it's full tower and bigger
    top 360mm rad mount without mods
    enough space for more rads and other components.
    650D is a great case but-
    it is mid tower and smaller than switch.
    needs some modding for top 360mm rad.
    i would suggest switch.no offence to corsair.both of them are good enough IMO.choose that suits you better.
  9. I think check out the review of the Switch case and see if you are ok with $20 more dollars to spend, plastic parts meaning less sturdy/weaker(feels cheap), and like the white and black (I REALLY like the white and black, but I will just end up taking a few cans of primer and white spray paint to my 550D). If you are ok with all of that then probably should go with the switch. If not go with the Corsair (which I think is the real winner here).

    What can you not decide about the cases? What do you like and dislike about them? Which way are you leaning most towards?
  10. hellfire24 said:
    for watercooling go with switch cause-
    it's full tower and bigger
    top 360mm rad mount without mods
    enough space for more rads and other components.
    650D is a great case but-
    it is mid tower and smaller than switch.
    needs some modding for top 360mm rad.
    i would suggest switch.no offence to corsair.both of them are good enough IMO.choose that suits you better.


    He is doing an H100...not real watercooling...hence the debate and my previous statement..."Corsair by far in reality unless you are watercooling"
  11. ^allrighty then.650D will do fine lol!!!!
  12. hellfire24 said:
    ^allrighty then.650D will do fine lol!!!!

    Sorry, I didnt mean to sound mean. You have a great point, it is just that he specified the H100 so no triple rads, and in all honesty, which is the better case in your opinion? Do you think it is worth $20 more dollars for a bigger case, but cheaper build for this situation in cooling?

    The switch has made to be watercool or aircool, hence the name switch. I completely agree with what you are saying.
  13. Hmmm Then What is better for Airflow Switch or the 650D
  14. Guy_98 said:
    Hmmm Then What is better for Airflow Switch or the 650D

    Well if that is going to be the deciding factor...
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5479/nzxt-switch-810-when-too-much-isnt-enough
    Look at how it preformed...it beat the 650D

    In all honesty, both are good cases, you really cant go wrong with either. The switch has a ton of features to offer. My biggest concern is the construction, which in reality might not be a problem at all.
  15. Im STUCKED at picking the Switch or the 650d D:
  16. Guy_98 said:
    Im STUCKED at picking the Switch or the 650d D:

    HAHAHA, I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. It is a hard choice though. Do you have room for the switch, a full tower? The top and front are only plastic so it probably isnt bad construction-wise like I am blowing it out to be. Hellfire said switch, maybe that the deciding vote? Again, both are solid cases. Can't really go wrong with either.
  17. Delirious788 said:
    HAHAHA, I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. It is a hard choice though. Do you have room for the switch, a full tower? The top and front are only plastic so it probably isnt bad construction-wise like I am blowing it out to be. Hellfire said switch, maybe that the deciding vote? Again, both are solid cases. Can't really go wrong with either.

    I have a room for the Switch and i want to Decide a voting . lol
  18. Best answer
    final answer-if you are willing to spend $20 more than switch otherwise 650D.it's a great case.you won't regret it.
  19. Best answer selected by guy_98.
  20. Guy_98 said:
    Best answer selected by guy_98.

    n
    nHi there, I just returned my 650D to the store today. I was really disappointed with it.
    n
    n- There's a high pitch sound coming from the front intake fan. Just google "corsair 650D front fan noise" you will find alot of posts for it.
    n
    n- Side panels don't fit exactly right. There's like 2-3mm of the panel hanging out (if you look from the front of the case)
    n
    n- In my case, the mic and headphone plug colors were switch. green for mic, and red for headphones. I believe i'm the only one that got it like this. This doesn't really bother me.
    n
    nThe thing that got me to return the case is the annoying whining noise from the front fan. This is a beautiful case after all, I just couldn't stand it. It was driving me crazy.
  21. theautumnsbest said:
    Hi there, I just returned my 650D to the store today. I was really disappointed with it.

    - There's a high pitch sound coming from the front intake fan. Just google "corsair 650D front fan noise" you will find alot of posts for it.

    - Side panels don't fit exactly right. There's like 2-3mm of the panel hanging out (if you look from the front of the case)

    - In my case, the mic and headphone plug colors were switch. green for mic, and red for headphones. I believe i'm the only one that got it like this. This doesn't really bother me.

    The thing that got me to return the case is the annoying whining noise from the front fan. This is a beautiful case after all, I just couldn't stand it. It was driving me crazy.

    Well i dun have rum for full tower or other cases
  22. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Switch Corsair Systems Product