Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX 275 not detected, need a better PSU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 19, 2011 9:35:41 PM

Hi, I just finished building a new system with a Corsair 750w non-modular PSU. I am running off a gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 with an i-2500k and 8 gigs of corsair 1600 ram. When I plugged in my gtx 275, it was not detected.

I have tried with 2 other video cards in my pciex16 slot, a 7600gt (which uses the mobo's power supply only) and a 9600gt (which uses one 6-pin PCI-Express Connector) and they both work. My gtx 275 (with 2 6 pin PCI-Express connectors) I tried in another computer and it ran fine.

So, I was thinking either my PSU was going bad and couldn't give enough power to my card or there was a compatibility issue with my mobotherboard. I've downloaded all of the newest drivers and have checked and rechecked the bios for any settings I could of missed. Is there anything that I'm not thinking of that I should do/try? (aside from buying a new PSU or another mobo)

Thanks

More about : gtx 275 detected psu

a c 1385 U Graphics card
December 19, 2011 9:45:54 PM

PSU certainly is big enough. Motherboard works you ran a different card in it. Should not be any compatibility issues. Power is hooked up right.
Can you try a different PSU in your new rig?
m
0
l
December 19, 2011 9:50:07 PM

rolli59 said:
PSU certainly is big enough. Motherboard works you ran a different card in it. Should not be any compatibility issues. Power is hooked up right.
Can you try a different PSU in your new rig?


I don't have one on me that's powerful enough, I'd have to go out and buy a new one. Which, I guess I could return after testing, I just wanted to make sure that there isn't another less-hassle thing I could try.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 1385 U Graphics card
December 19, 2011 9:56:42 PM

I am not convinced it is the PSU because the card will not be pulling its full power on start up and the 9600 worked. Presuming that you have tried reseating it in the slot.
m
0
l
December 19, 2011 10:04:57 PM

rolli59 said:
I am not convinced it is the PSU because the card will not be pulling its full power on start up and the 9600 worked. Presuming that you have tried reseating it in the slot.



Yeah I have multiple times :p 
m
0
l
December 19, 2011 10:17:24 PM

Justin7771 said:
Hi, I just finished building a new system with a Corsair 750w non-modular PSU. I am running off a gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 with an i-2500k and 8 gigs of corsair 1600 ram. When I plugged in my gtx 275, it was not detected.

I have tried with 2 other video cards in my pciex16 slot, a 7600gt (which uses the mobo's power supply only) and a 9600gt (which uses one 6-pin PCI-Express Connector) and they both work. My gtx 275 (with 2 6 pin PCI-Express connectors) I tried in another computer and it ran fine.

So, I was thinking either my PSU was going bad and couldn't give enough power to my card or there was a compatibility issue with my mobotherboard. I've downloaded all of the newest drivers and have checked and rechecked the bios for any settings I could of missed. Is there anything that I'm not thinking of that I should do/try? (aside from buying a new PSU or another mobo)

Thanks



I had a problem recently with I upgraded my PC where it was automatically defaulting to VGA instead of DVI, even though I don't have a VGA port to plug into. Maybe in the first instance remove your bios battery for 60 seconds or more and then replug it in and boot it up. If this fails try plugging in a video card other then the GTX 275 that has both a DVI and VGA port. Plug in both a DVI and VGA cord to your monitor and then output your monitor to DVI. (Hopefully it will display) Then, replug the GTX 275 in.


m
0
l
December 19, 2011 10:28:50 PM

natemare said:
I had a problem recently with I upgraded my PC where it was automatically defaulting to VGA instead of DVI, even though I don't have a VGA port to plug into. Maybe in the first instance remove your bios battery for 60 seconds or more and then replug it in and boot it up. If this fails try plugging in a video card other then the GTX 275 that has both a DVI and VGA port. Plug in both a DVI and VGA cord to your monitor and then output your monitor to DVI. (Hopefully it will display) Then, replug the GTX 275 in.


I've been hooking up my monitor to my mobo and in the device manager my gtx 275 isn't even listed. I've tried both VGA and DVI on other graphics cards and they work fine, but if I try to use either of those settings on my 275 it doesn't work. The fan runs on the card and I can tell that my system is booting up but my screen is blank, and if I switch to input from my mobo it doesn't show my video card in the device manager.

I have reset the bios to default before but haven't done so by removing the battery, I'll try that and see if it helps.
m
0
l
December 19, 2011 11:15:49 PM

I tried doing the bios reset and I also decided to reinstall windows/ all of the drivers. For some reason, the card still doesn't work. I guess I'll have to go buy another PSU and see if that fixes the issue :/ 
m
0
l
!