Sign in with
Your question

Why'd my internet speed only slow down on one computer?

Last response: in Networking
March 7, 2011 11:06:58 PM

Hello,

Recently I found my internet to be very slow, so I check speedtest.net and it was much lower then usual. Usually I have 11mbps download, but now I only had 4. This seems like an okay speed, but my downloads went from 1mb/s to 50kb/s which really slows them down.

The weird thing is the speed on my other computer remains at a steady 11mbps and downloads are the same speed. The only change was on my computer.

I tried:
Cleaning my registry - Didn't help
Checking for viruses - I was clean
Directly connecting my computer to the UVerse box
And other minor things

but none of it helped, speeds are still low. I think the only problem could be something with my computer, as the other computer still has good speeds.
Any solutions?
March 9, 2011 1:28:55 PM

try booting with a linux live cd (like mint) then run the speedtest from firefox in linux this will rule out any software issues
April 10, 2011 6:21:17 AM

helo.. i just wanna ask if im getting wat im paying for, my plan is 384 kbps and it is 888 per month. my average downspeed at speedtest is 350 kbps.and upspeed of 150kbps.is this enough?. .any replies and comment would be a big help.tnx
less than a minute ago

Is the computer Running slow while surfing the internet, or when running programs?
Using a registry cleaner can clean up your computer and then make your computer faster,Why?the reason is that there may be some registry errors and remnant,corrupt files and temp files in your computer to cause "computer slow".
Every time you install and uninstall software on your computer and surfing online you create junk in the computer registry.over time, the registry can grow to enormous proportions, especially if the various programs you've installed do not do a good job of deleting and/or updating it's Registry entries.You need to scan and clean your computer with registry cleaner to make it fast. if your problem is with programs running slowly- I can advise you to download this software, which can extremely help- CCleaner .Good Registry Cleaner will improve your computer and Internet performance dramatically! Do all these and Perform speed here http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ once it will sounds better ...
!