Why'd my internet speed only slow down on one computer?

moparcon

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
Hello,

Recently I found my internet to be very slow, so I check speedtest.net and it was much lower then usual. Usually I have 11mbps download, but now I only had 4. This seems like an okay speed, but my downloads went from 1mb/s to 50kb/s which really slows them down.

The weird thing is the speed on my other computer remains at a steady 11mbps and downloads are the same speed. The only change was on my computer.

I tried:
Cleaning my registry - Didn't help
Checking for viruses - I was clean
Directly connecting my computer to the UVerse box
And other minor things

but none of it helped, speeds are still low. I think the only problem could be something with my computer, as the other computer still has good speeds.
Any solutions?

natsirht28

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
helo.. i just wanna ask if im getting wat im paying for, my plan is 384 kbps and it is 888 per month. my average downspeed at speedtest is 350 kbps.and upspeed of 150kbps.is this enough?. .any replies and comment would be a big help.tnx

BamBamxxxx

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

I just solved a problem with my internet speed on one computer. The problem was an AMD software called AMD Quick Stream, which was installed when I updated my AMD drivers.

Tripper511

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
I was having the same problem and read about AMD Quick Stream on here. I must of also accidently installed it with some update. Once I shut it off my speeds shot right nack up instantly. THANKS!