Maximum File Size in Windows XP

I would like to record several hours of uncompressed
audio on my hard drive. But, from PolderbitS, I receive
pop-up telling me I can only record 3 hours 22 min of
audio in 'Compact disc, stereo' mode. PolderbitS folks
tell me it's a Windows file size limitation. Is that
temp file ? and is there any way to increase the file
size by changing some system parameter ?

That's not a Windows limitation, its a File System limitation - FAT32 is
limited to a single file no larger than 4GB, NTFS is limited to a single
file no larger than 16TB (terabytes) minus 4KB, using 4KB cluster size.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service