Application Experience Service doesn't exist

vergil777

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem on my hands. I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, and every time I try and compile and run the code that I wrote, MVS complains about not being able to write over the .exe file. This has been documented before, and there are fixes, but everything I've tried simply doesn't work.

The primary fix is enabling the "Application Experience" service, but the problem is that for some reason that service isn't even listed among the others. I've tried to use that "regsvcr32" thing with the corresponding .dll, but that doesn't work either (it just keeps throwing these error messages in my face).

So, how can I enable the Application Experience service in a relatively simple way? My other computer has this service running, and I don't know why this one doesn't have it at all.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
You using Vista or 7? Because that service does not exist in Windows XP.

But it should be under Control Panel--->Administrative Tools-->Services, sort by name to find it.

If its not there, then try command prompt, and use an SFC fix. aka "sfc /scannow"

vergil777

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011

I'm using Windows 7. The service isn't listed in the list of services. I'll try the SFC fix once I get back home, since I don't have access to the computer that has this problem.