1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Mostly Web Browsing, Some Kids Games, Maybe some photo shopping. Nothing too taxing.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I'd like to keep it around $300 shipped but can spend more.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Mobo, CPU, Cooler, Ram, DVD Burner. GPU? I'm thinking something on a 1155 with an Intel.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Antec Solo (original) Case, Seagate ST31000333AS 1 TB 3.0 G/S, 120mm Nexus Exhaust Fan, 2x Nexus 92mm Intake Fans, Zalman Fan Controller? Corsair HX520W PSU, Dell 2407WFP Monitor, and Klipsch 5.1 ProMedia.
6) Will you be overclocking?
I would like the option to or at least a board capable of it for future possibility. Looking at ASUS P8z78v-pro/gen3.
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
1- 24" Dell 2407WFP 1920x1200.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
In the next month or so. No hurry. Just wanting something Faster than my old 2.0ghz Socket A.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? etc.
Would like good on board audio if possible. Could probably use on board video if it would run the monitor for browsing etc. I wouldn't mind having a board capable of having a couple of usb ports for the front. Not sure otherwise?
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I have Windows XP Pro 32 bit and 64 bit and Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
ruffly 285 dollars with free shipping .. plus its significantly better graphics vs intel built in processor graphics .. and has decent on board audio via the mother board.
this is amd based and should run most dx 9 / 10 games fairly well .. i dont know if you have the retail version or the oem version of windows but you may need to buy the os software over again because of the hardware changes usually whenever you swap out your mother board ... with this in mind oem runs around 115 dollars.. also keep in mind that windows home 7 only supports 4 gbs of ram .. you need at least home premium to support at least 8 gbs of ram.. the ram i chose will be better then any oem ram you buy.. but if you dont need the os its a fairly cheep upgrade..
I have XP PRO 32 and 64 bit that is new and unused. The 7 PRO is also new and unused.
(I do have another two sets of xp pro that have been used and a windows xp home that has been used.)
ok well with windows xp pro you can only have 4GBs of ram .. If i were you i would use windows 7 professional it allows for much more ram more then 8GBS would be over kill for your purposes but will also wont be a limiter either .. this is purely up to your personal preference the processor i picked is unlocked and can be overclocked later on .. down the road if you so choose and same with the ram sense its 1600 i bet you could get 1866mhz later on with those .. your current power supply should be able to handle this system baring you add any graphics cards or things of that nature..