Unknown brand gaming cases vs known branded cases

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
usually there are benchmarks for known gaming cases like coolermaster elite 430 but for the cases like zebronics REAPER there is no cooling benchmarks but the reaper cabinet looks great compared to cm elite 430 it has many features which to go cooler master elite 430 or zebronics reaper both cases costs the same

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

it doesn't also have a cable management can i make holes manually

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
the zebronics reaper is only RS 1500 in my area and i will spend an another 200 in black interior painting and if i can do the cable management holes on my own it nearly costs 300 RS which is totally RS 2000(my budget)..but this case looks good nzxt guardian 921 costs RS 4500 does this case have dust filters ?

Of course you can, welcome to modding :)
someimes you take a gamble on unknown quantities, I've used some great cheap cases, and seen people crying over $150 cases that fail to meet requirements, sometimes thats down to failure to research the purchase though
you can always adapt cases to fit your needs though, cheap or branded
Moto

Gallarian

Distinguished
I used to own a CM Elite 430 for a quite a while, and to be honest it was a nice little case that did the job.

Though it doesnt have cabale management holes, if you just take some time to use cable ties and to route the wires well, then it doesnt get messy at all :)

I suppose a lot of it comes down to what your going to put in it though - Its great if youve just got a single HDD and graphics card, and a modular PSU, but 2 Graphics cards and 4 Hard drives might warrant something different :p

And of course you can make your own holes if you want, but be sure you know what your doing and be aware that just becuase you make holes, doesnt mean you'll have enough space behind those holes to fit your cabling!

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

it also doesn't have dust filters are you having any videos how to make cable management holes .and also i don't know whether there is enough at the other side of the case to route the cables if i make a cable management hole..

http://www.mnpctech.com/CaseModTutorials.html theres a few videos here, for cable management though I just see where I want/need the cable to go,
and drill a 3-4mm hole usually underneath the motherboard so the wire feeds back under it neatly and is hidden,
depending on the connector you may want to make a bigger hole or remove the connector plug then rewire it once the cable is through the hole, make sure you know which wire came from where on the connector though!
dust filters can be anything, a sheet of foam, a slice of sponge, the filter stolen from your Moms cooker hood or pretty much anything that will catch dust and allow air through it, be creative :)
although Moms cooker hood filters should not be used on a Pc after its been used in the cooker hood, grease yuk :p

Moto

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

is there any way to add filters

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

bartholomew suggested this case Lian Li's k58W ..it is some 5$ higher than the cabinet i mentioned but it has all features i'm looking for but the only problem is it has only one front fan and only one rear fan does it affects the cooling performance

bartholomew

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
+1^ The 140mm front intake & 120mm rear exhaust fans on the K58w are sufficient. It has additional support for two 140mm fans @ the top for exhaust. The K58w is an excellent case for that price.

Tool-Less PCI Card Holder
Tool-Less HDD Installation
Tool-Less Motherboard Installation
Extra Fan Slots
Passive Air Filters
Spacious Inside

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=449&Itemid=61&limit=1&limitstart=5

For addition Rs.1000 you can get the PC K62
http://www.theitwares.com/lian-lancool-pck62-black-secc-mesh-tower-computer-case-p-1969.html

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
actually i thought of zebronics reaper since it is a top mounted psu and absence of cable management even fittings fans will be useless.then i thought of buying cooler master elite 430 when i saw the reviews it said the op 120mm fans cannot be installed if a large cpu cooler installed and large graphics card blocks the 3.5inch hdd difficult to insert..absence of cable management was a big problem which restricts airflow a lot ..is there any way to change the top psu mounting into bottom psu mounting?i really like the zebronics case but it has a psu mounting design and cable management design