Sign in with
Your question

Does a cpu survive a flashed motherboard

Last response: in Components
June 5, 2012 3:04:13 PM

Hello,
I think I may have flashed my motherboard. What I want to know is will my cpu & my memory survive or would I have to replace them.
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 5, 2012 3:09:25 PM

Hi :) 

Flashed ????

All the best Brett :) 
a c 103 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
June 5, 2012 3:13:54 PM

If you mean you flashed your bios then yes, all should be well and the process does not ordinarily damage anything, provided it was performed properly ofc
if you mean that you had a blackout, or your Psu exploded then its possible something else has been damaged,
can you clear up what you mean by the original question so we can give accurate advice please?
Moto
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
June 5, 2012 3:14:29 PM

What you're saying doesn't make sense. Can you explain what it is you did?
June 7, 2012 9:21:04 AM

shiner_18 said:
Hello,
I think I may have flashed my motherboard. What I want to know is will my cpu & my memory survive or would I have to replace them.

w
What I mean is I may have caused static damage as the pc does not start up.
a c 103 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
June 7, 2012 11:01:27 AM

Without further information all we can do is refer you to the homebuild troubleshooter, section three should help you find the problem
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288241-13-read-post...
is it a homebuild or prebuilt?
new or were you in there tidying up cables/dusting?
how do you think the static damage (if this is the problem) was caused?
Moto
June 7, 2012 12:34:34 PM

I was fitting the motherboard & connecting the cables when I thought I saw a blue flash I was wearing wrist strap at the time.If i have damaged the m/board will I need a new cpu & ram.
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
June 7, 2012 1:40:38 PM

You will need to replace whatever you damaged. There is no way for us to tell you if you damaged anything, or what was damaged if you did.
June 9, 2012 9:38:35 AM

Thank you for your help.Do you think I should fit m/board then try the cpu & ram or replace the lot.
a c 103 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
June 9, 2012 10:15:43 AM

Go through the troubleshooter over in homebuild section, maybe it will help you identify what actually happened,
you may just need to check over a couple of things, like everything was plugged in correctly etc,
Moto
June 9, 2012 10:23:26 AM

Thanks I'll try that.
June 9, 2012 10:25:04 AM

Thanks I'll try that
!