How to stop Outlook from automatically starting

Hello,

My friend recently installed SP2 on his Sony Viao XP Home. All seems
to work really well for him except for the fact that whenever he
starts his computer these days (after the update), MS Outlook
automatically opens. I have tried to stop this by looking in the
following places:

-Startup folders (duh!)
-Using msconfig, checking the startup programs.
-Within the Options and Customize of Outlook itself.

However, Outlook is not in the startup folders, nor is it listed as a
program that the computer should automatically start (as checked in
msconfig and in "System Information). There also doesn't seem to be an
option within Outlook itself to prevent itself from automatically
starting when Windows starts.

Does anybody have any suggestions? He doesn't use Outlook for anything
at all, and for him, is just an annoyance...

Thank you in advance.

On 27 Sep 2004 15:43:00 -0700, Kartik wrote:

> Does anybody have any suggestions? He doesn't use Outlook for anything
> at all, and for him, is just an annoyance...

Why not run Office setup and use the option to add/remove components to get
rid of Outlook?

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User