Graphics card not being recognized?

roo11

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I just got finished building my computer but for some reason the graphics card isn't being recognized.

I have tried reseating it, checked bios and PCI express is the main video output (it's in a pci express slot), and the psu power cable is plugged into it.

It's not showing in device manager, downloaded belarc advisor and it doesnt show up there either. Just Intel(R) HD Graphics Family [Display adapter] shows up.

Also note, the fan on the graphics card is spinning so it definitely has power. I would try to install drivers for it, but the driver CD I put in doesn't recognize the graphics card and won't install the driver.

I need help, thanks!

So here are you trying to say that the GPU is not working? I think you said that when you plug the monitor cables to the GPU there is no video coming out. Try Installing motherboard and graphic drivers?

roo11

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I'm pretty sure all the mobo drivers are installed, I'll double check tomorrow (have to keep swapping SATA cables because I'm one short <_<). As for the graphics card drivers, it wont even let me install it because it says it cant find the necessary hardware for it (the card)

which motherboard? The pcie controller might not be installed. Go to the mobo manufactured website and download the correct things.

roo11

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Ok so I feel dumb, sorry everyone because this is my first build. I managed to get it working, what was wrong was one of the PCIe power cords from the PSU wasn't plugged in all the way and that set it off. I've got it working now though. :)

I really appreciate all the replies.

Glad it worked, now be happy :lol: .