Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Having a Difficult Time Choosing These Two Cases

Last response: in Systems
February 18, 2012 9:14:28 PM

600T or Haf 932. 932 is ugly, but it's cheap $124.99 (no tax or shipping). Corsair 600T on the other hand, I like the clean looks but it is expensive (149.99+shipping=$175.99). I don't want to spend over $150 on a case because I think it is unnecessary and to spend under $100, I believe you get what you pay for. What is your choice between the two. Feel free to recommend another case :D 
February 18, 2012 9:47:49 PM

have u looked at the blue haf? it looks much better
Score
Related resources
February 18, 2012 9:48:36 PM

deadlockedworld said:
Air or water cooled? Crossfire? # of HDs?

I think Silverstone and Antec make some competitive full size models here, but its really your call on priorities.

I think Anandtech does some of the most thorough case reviews.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4028/corsair-graphite-ser...

I'll end up using this case for at least 2-3 years (need room for expandability), so it has to have at least room for 2 cards if I choose to. Though 600T is a mid tower, it's bigger than the full-tower Haf 932. I'm considering the white 500R now. Only $114.
Score
February 18, 2012 9:50:02 PM

lmfao alysus u beat me to it
Score
February 18, 2012 9:50:29 PM

samdsox said:
have u looked at the blue haf? it looks much better
I like it but it's $169.99. Too much for a case I think.
Score
February 18, 2012 9:51:19 PM

yeah then u dont' want the haf x
Score
February 18, 2012 9:51:20 PM

I recommend against all Crappermaster products, regardless of quality. Some of their PSUs still have liar labels on them, or claim protections that are missing (fact, not opinion; reviews at HardwareSecrets). That's dishonest, and a dishonest company doesn't deserve anyone's business. Fortunately, in any market where they appear, Crappermaster has competitors offering similar (or better) products for the same price, so you don't lose by refusing to support a dishonest business.
/rant
Anyway, for cases, check out Rosewill, Antec, Lian Li, or Silverstone. I have an Enermax Hoplite, and the drive mounting options are great, including an external dock, 2-drive backplane, and space inside for two 2.5" drives (not kluged onto the bottom somewhere, but in the drive rack).
Score
February 18, 2012 9:52:02 PM

Quote:

Anyway, for cases, check out Rosewill, Antec, Lian Li, or Silverstone. I have an Enermax Hoplite, and the drive mounting options are great, including an external dock, 2-drive backplane, and space inside for two 2.5" drives (not kluged onto the bottom somewhere, but in the drive rack).

I think Lian Li is incredibly overrated, IMO. They have really solid construction on their cases but they lack style and are overpriced for the features you get. Rosewill is OK, I don't really know about Silverstone.

I have the 600T and I really like it but if you ever have to move your PC for any reason it's really huge and heavy, and not easy to transport. May I suggest the slimmer Carbide 500R instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Alternately check out the NZXT Phantom is another awesome case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Score

Best solution

February 18, 2012 9:52:07 PM

Go with whatever case you like more. Your the one whos going to be looking at it. Id rather spend more and get the case i want then spend less and regret it.
February 18, 2012 9:57:41 PM

its only 125 same price as the haf 932
Score
February 18, 2012 10:02:11 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Quote:

I think Lian Li is incredibly overrated, IMO. They have really solid construction on their cases but they lack style and are overpriced for the features you get. Rosewill is OK, I don't really know about Silverstone.

I have the 600T and I really like it but if you ever have to move your PC for any reason it's really huge and heavy, and not easy to transport. May I suggest the slimmer Carbide 500R instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Alternately check out the NZXT Phantom is another awesome case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

NZXT Phantom; I was just looking at that. Was wondering if I could put up with that crazy futuristic look :sarcastic:  Damn, I missed out when 600T was $149.99, no tax and shipping.
Score
February 18, 2012 10:02:35 PM

Quote:
...and to spend under $100, I believe you get what you pay for

I'd disagree here. My personal opinion is that if you spend more that $70 on a case, you've spent too much. I was perfectly happy with a $24 Rosewill case and two $15 replacement Scythe fans.

Maybe look at this $60 Rosewill case.

-Wolf sends
Score
February 18, 2012 10:04:47 PM

thats a coolermaster centurion-.-
Score
February 18, 2012 10:08:36 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Quote:

Okay g-unit, I know you are one of the experts here. I've dropped my choices to Phantom white ($124.00) or 500R white ($114.99). No shipping or tax for either. What do you think?
Score
February 18, 2012 10:11:34 PM

Wolfshadw said:
Quote:

I'd disagree here. My personal opinion is that if you spend more that $70 on a case, you've spent too much. I was perfectly happy with a $24 Rosewill case and two $15 replacement Scythe fans.

Maybe look at this $60 Rosewill case.

-Wolf sends
You are absolutely right. But I hate to sacrifice the looks. I like to show off, just kidding. But looks are important.
Score
February 18, 2012 10:14:13 PM

Alyus said:
NZXT Phantom; I was just looking at that. Was wondering if I could put up with that crazy futuristic look :sarcastic:  Damn, I missed out when 600T was $149.99, no tax and shipping.

It looks a lot better in person - When I was picking out a case I was down to the Phantom or the 600T, ultimately the 600T won out because it doesn't have a door.

Quote:

That's completely not true. Computer cases are a different market because there's quality cases at every level. The $60 Cooler Master HAF 912 I use is a really great case and well worth it. I've built a lot of systems and used a lot of cases from a lot of different manufacturers. I've found the best are Corsair, Antec, Cooler Master, and NZXT. I really like Fractal Design too and want to try an Arc MIDI at some point.

The brand is actually more important than anything. There's some brands that are just flat out junk like Apevia, Ultra, Xclio, Xion, Raidmax, and so on but price is definitely not an issue with case - the quality of the brand is what matters.
Score
February 18, 2012 10:16:37 PM

I agree that Lian Li is expensive. The quality is unmistakable though; the fit and finish essentially perfect.
One reason I chose the Hoplite is because it has 0.8mm steel panels, so it is sturdy and the sides don't flex all over the place; I also liked the top SATA dock.
I wasn't recommending against Crappermaster because of their PSU quality (although I could certainly do that too!) but due to their dishonesty in labeling. I don't believe in supporting dishonest companies, so they are no longer on my radar.
Oh, and Wolf, that was a Crappermaster case you linked; I think you meant this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
...which I'd consider myself, or this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... which also has a top SATA dock.

Score
February 18, 2012 10:21:32 PM

Quote:
Okay g-unit, I know you are one of the experts here. I've dropped my choices to Phantom white ($124.00) or 500R white ($114.99). No shipping or tax for either. What do you think?

Both are excellent choices. Corsair's fit and finish on their cases is top notch and has some of the best cable management in the industry. NZXT on the other hand makes excellent products as well. The main difference between the two is one has a door and the other doesn't. If you want a door - get the Phantom. If you don't, get the Carbide.

Quote:
I wasn't recommending against Crappermaster because of their PSU quality (although I could certainly do that too!) but due to their dishonesty in labeling. I don't believe in supporting dishonest companies, so they are no longer on my radar.

I won't buy a Cooler Master PSU - I will agree with you there. However I will say their cases and heat sinks are really excellent quality for the prices they offer.
Score
February 18, 2012 10:23:07 PM

samdsox said:
thats a coolermaster centurion-.-

And so it is... LOL.. My bad! However, the point is still made that a lower cost case will still do the job.

-Wolf sends
Score
February 18, 2012 10:32:34 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I was really tempted to consider Wofshadw's recommendation, but I just can't sacrifice for the simplistic looks. My gaming build will be $2K, so I feel the 500R will be the winner at $114.99.
Score
February 18, 2012 10:35:13 PM

Alyus said:
You are absolutely right. But I hate to sacrifice the looks. I like to show off, just kidding. But looks are important.

The thing with me is, when I'm using my computer, I'm not looking at the case. I'm looking at the monitor. I don't see my case. I have a four tier, corner computer desk. My CPU is down by my legs and blocked from view by my keyboard tray. In my case, it doesn't make sense to spend extra money on aesthetics that you're not usually going to admire; especially when those funds can be used in better internal parts.

-Wolf sends
Score
February 19, 2012 12:29:57 AM

Wolfshadw said:
The thing with me is, when I'm using my computer, I'm not looking at the case. I'm looking at the monitor. I don't see my case. I have a four tier, corner computer desk. My CPU is down by my legs and blocked from view by my keyboard tray. In my case, it doesn't make sense to spend extra money on aesthetics that you're not usually going to admire; especially when those funds can be used in better internal parts.

-Wolf sends

You know hes right...Looks won't matter if its under your desk. Where are you placing it? Next your monitor on top? Or next to your feet below? If its feet then go for the best cooling. If its up top then looks might be an issue for you.
Score
February 19, 2012 1:03:27 AM

samdsox said:
You know hes right...Looks won't matter if its under your desk. Where are you placing it? Next your monitor on top? Or next to your feet below? If its feet then go for the best cooling. If its up top then looks might be an issue for you.

I've ordered a clear computer glass desk, with cylindrical aluminum legs, and it will be located on a glass shelf, 4-5" inches away from my left knee.
Score
February 19, 2012 1:34:05 AM

so its see through....then you need looks and air flow 500r it is
Score
February 26, 2012 12:42:14 AM

Best answer selected by Alyus.
Score
!