Sign in with
Your question

Why is my cpu led red and my ram led red?

Last response: in Systems
February 18, 2012 11:04:25 PM

hi,
I built a pc, and when i set it up and plugged it in to the monitor and plug there was nothing. All the fans, led's was/ are working 100% fine. I could hear the hardrive moving, i opened the DVD drive and closed it fine and even the CPU fan was working.
But there was nothing on the screen, i tried a range of leads for the monitor and even plugged it in using hdmi. And tried adapters. And guess what? NOTHING. I did not hear the 'bleeps' or anything!??!?!?
So i opened him up and noticed a solid red light for the cpu led, so i rebooted and rebooted over and over again, then i went on forums looking for help and some people said update the bios because my CPU is to advance for my motherboard current bios. But how can i update the bios without going into the bios? And it said in the manual to update the bios before you put the CPU in, but you need a CPU to work a computer. and then some people said change the ram in different places, so i did and i pressed "test ram" button (on the motherboard) and it blinked red, so i tried them in all places, even using 1 ram at a time. And then i put them back into where it said in the manual and tested them and guess what? a blinking red light, -.- :fou:  :pfff:  :pfff:  :non: 

So i don’t know what to do, and also, some people said the way they got there’s working was buying a new type of ram because there ram was not compatible.

So could i have some help what to do, and if my components are compatible, i checked them and i thought they were? But know i am so confused. :pfff:  :??:  :??:  :??:  :??:  :??:  :??: 

My bits:

Asus M5A99X EVO 990X Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

AMD FX-4 4100 Black Edition 4 Core 3.6Ghz Socket AM3+ 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB Cache

LiteOn iHAS124 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black with Nero Essentials

XFX HD 6850 XXX Edition 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card

Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz Memory Kit Non-ECC CL9 1.5v (ram)

please can i have some help asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:  :ange:  :ange:  :ange: 
!