Phenom II 970 Multitasking?

Ihazleetskillz

Honorable
May 29, 2012
This might be the wrong category for this question but will the AMD Phenom II X4 970 be good for multitasking with multiple monitors? I know that with the monitors, the strain is actually on the graphics card. But when i talk about multitasking i mean working on a project on one monitor in lets say cinema 4d, then looking up a guide or tutorial on the other with youtube or something. Would the stress still be on only the graphics card or will it be on both the cpu and gpu? Another example could be when im playing a game like wow and i want to watch something on the other monitor, i feel like that kind of stress would be solely on the gpu but still, would this processor be able to handle multitaking?

Solution
Video playback is extremely light on modern CPU/GPUs, I'm guessing it's not much more on with 3d (assuming that's what Cinema 4d does), as with 3d viewing you're simply doubling the FPS.

WoW only utilizes 2 CPU cores so you'll have 2 cores free to do your other tasks.

4 cores is amazing for multitasking.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Video playback is extremely light on modern CPU/GPUs, I'm guessing it's not much more on with 3d (assuming that's what Cinema 4d does), as with 3d viewing you're simply doubling the FPS.

WoW only utilizes 2 CPU cores so you'll have 2 cores free to do your other tasks.

4 cores is amazing for multitasking.

Solution
Yes 2 cores multitask fine. Most people never use their 4 or 6 cores to more than 50% ever unless rendering or folding ect I am using a 1090t an really it sits there doing 20 30% most of the time in say skyrim it uses 2 cores to 100% but that is still 33% over all if you are not gaming or rendering you cores sit doing noda most of the time. If using Windows 7 or Vista add the cpu monitor to you desktop and watch your cores it really helps I put them on a second monitor so I can really tell what games and programs are using.

Thent