Solved

Computer for Battlefield 3.

I currently own battlefield 3 but play with much lag, I am planning to upgrade, but cash is low at the moment. So im only upgrading my psu, mobo, ram, and cpu. I know I need to upgrade my Graphic card, but im wondering will the stuff im already upgrading enough to play smooth enough until I buy a new Graphics card. ||||Specs below||||

P.S. I own a great case so I know I don't need that.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
System Model: G41-M7
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 1248MB used, 3871MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 1267 MB
Dedicated Memory: 499 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: V193WDB
Monitor Id: DDL0000
Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (59.887Hz)

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 139.1 GB
Total Space: 238.3 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD2500YS-18SHB2 ATA Device

Drive: F:
Free Space: 27.9 GB
Total Space: 152.6 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD1600AAJS-61WAA0 ATA Device

Drive: D:
Model: JLMS XJ-HD166S ATA Device

Drive: E:
Model: SONY DVD RW DW-U14A ATA Device


------------------------
------------------------
------------------------

So with the upgrade of those parts only am i still going to need a better video card?
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer battlefield
  1. Um your in need of upgrade my friend. I suggest atleast 6GB of ram, a new Core i3 (I would get a cheap I5 before a I3) and a decently priced Mobo. Preferably ASUS. as for Video card, idk how low your budget is but a GTX 460 or GTX 560 will be ok. but ehhhh.low budget i don't know what parts specifically to recommend. maybe the others can help you
  2. so what exactly is your budget?
  3. i5 2500k??
    ALso check out the 550Ti not a beast but a good GPU non the less.
  4. 6850 is is far better value for money card.what's your budget?
  5. Throw a 6850 in that system and another 2gigs of ram (make sure you've got a decent 450-500w psu, ~$50-$60) and you'll be able to play that game on at least high with very little or no lag.

    I don't think BF3 is very CPU dependent at all...

    If you do still find it a little choppy, maybe ebay your CPU for another higher clock 775 socket dual core. The difference shouldn't cost you too much.
  6. Well Im getting the following stuff.

    Mobo:
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=M4A79XTD-EVO-PB-R&cat=MBB
    CPU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103995
    Ram: x2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104289
    PSU:
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=OCZ700SXS&cat=PWR

    But my question is, do i need to upgrade my video card, or can I wait a little longer with what I'm planning to get until I come across more cash, I just don't want to get all this stuff and my pc will still be lagging in bf3.
  7. If you think I can get better, I only want to spend around $350 or less, for the mobo, cpu,ram,and psu.
  8. Best answer
    I think it would be better if you just upgrade your video card (as it is the most important thing for gaming) to something like the hd 6870, your ram by 4gb and your PSU.

    but anyway here's what you could get:
    AMD Phenom II X4 970 Deneb 3.5GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
    CORSAIR Builder Series CX500
    ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3

    $330.97
  9. You Can Find GTX460 SEs For As Little As $120.00 (I Have One OCed And It Runs BF3 With No Lag At 1920x1200 With Everything On High) If You Can Get Your Core2 Into The 3+ GHz Range Youd Be Off To A Great Start And Im Sure It Possible (Would Save You Time And Headache Of Upgrading) If Not A AMD Phenom Triple Or Quad @ 3GHz+ Or A Cheap i5 If Your An Intel Nut. And A Minimum Of 6GB Of RAM With A Balance Between Low Latency And High Speed (Sweet Spot Is 1600)

    With That Youd Be GTG
  10. JuanB said:
    I think it would be better if you just upgrade your video card (as it is the most important thing for gaming) to something like the hd 6870, your ram by 4gb and your PSU.

    but anyway here's what you could get:
    AMD Phenom II X4 970 Deneb 3.5GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
    CORSAIR Builder Series CX500
    ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3

    $330.97


    Alright thanks, I will get a video card then, but do you think the Nvidia GTX 560 Ti($99.00) would be better then the 6870, ive never bought a radeon card before?
  11. hella-d said:
    You Can Find GTX460 SEs For As Little As $120.00 (I Have One OCed And It Runs BF3 With No Lag At 1920x1200 With Everything On High) If You Can Get Your Core2 Into The 3+ GHz Range Youd Be Off To A Great Start And Im Sure It Possible (Would Save You Time And Headache Of Upgrading) If Not A AMD Phenom Triple Or Quad @ 3GHz+ Or A Cheap i5 If Your An Intel Nut. And A Minimum Of 6GB Of RAM With A Balance Between Low Latency And High Speed (Sweet Spot Is 1600)

    With That Youd Be GTG


    Im just going to upgrade the whole rig, but do you think the GTX 560 Ti would be better then the GTX460 SE?
  12. crazy4n00bs said:
    Alright thanks, I will get a video card then, but do you think the Nvidia GTX 560 Ti($99.00) would be better then the 6870, ive never bought a radeon card before?

    I think the 6870 is better than 560 Ti, it's better value for money. But i'm not entirely sure..
  13. eh there's some misinformation in this thread - bf3 is extremely cpu intensive game, you will absolutely need quad core to be able to play multiplayer; i own gtx 460, i5 760, 8gb ram and the game runs above 30fps on maxed out details at 1680x1050

    dual core cpu, esp that old will just not cut it for bf3 no matter how low the resolution you choose
  14. JuanB said:
    I think it would be better if you just upgrade your video card (as it is the most important thing for gaming) to something like the hd 6870, your ram by 4gb and your PSU.

    but anyway here's what you could get:
    AMD Phenom II X4 970 Deneb 3.5GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
    CORSAIR Builder Series CX500
    ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3

    $330.97


    Looks decent but I wouldn't buy that motherboard. It has no AM3+ support.
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A87TDUSB3/#specifications
  15. but if he's not going to buy the bulldozers he doesn't really need an am3+ motherboard. Unless he want to make it future proof which will make more sense...
  16. JuanB said:
    but if he's not going to buy the bulldozers he doesn't really need an am3+ motherboard. Unless he want to make it future proof which will make more sense...


    Exactly. I would atleast be prepared for Piledriver, just in case.
  17. crazy4n00bs said:
    Im just going to upgrade the whole rig, but do you think the GTX 560 Ti would be better then the GTX460 SE?


    Well, Since The Non-Ti Was Basically A replacement (New Generation) of The GTX460 768MB And The GTX460 SE (1GB 256-Bit) Performed About The Same Though For Much Less $$) Then Id Say Since The 460 SE Is The Cheaper Of The 3 Id Say If You Can Find One, Id Say That Would Be Your Best Choice For The Least $$ But If You Cant Id Say The 560 Non-Ti.
  18. kettu said:
    Exactly. I would atleast be prepared for Piledriver, just in case.

    Good point. It's always good to make your motherboard future-proof.
  19. Best answer selected by CrAzY4n00Bs.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Battlefield Systems Product