What voltage is 850w

how many volts is 850ws
7 answers Last reply
More about what voltage 850w
  1. [What does your question relate to - a new build?]

In the main, it dosen't matter - of primary concern is that the wattage covers your pc's requirements, and that the psu is rated for your country (115v/240v/etc)

....since, any reputable modern psu should supply all your components with an optimal stable voltage....unless you have a particular requirement?
  2. 12, 5, and 3.3. The Power Supply section of this should be a good read for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX
  3. paul_53 said:
    how many volts is 850ws

That depends entirely on the Amperage.

W=V*A; therefore V=W/A

Specify your Amperage, divide your Wattage by that and you will find the voltage in the system.
  4. LOL. any voltage from zero to infinity.

Watts is Amps x Volts. I am going to assume you are talking about a PC power supply. but then I cant for the life of me figure out why you'd be asking about volts? most modern supplies will operate off 115-230V. So you can see Watts are INDEPENDENT of volts
  5. I just gave the simple answer here because that's all that was really needed, lol.
  6. DJDeCiBeL said:
    I just gave the simple answer here because that's all that was really needed, lol.

LOL. I know you did. I kinda wanted to point him back to your post/wiki link. but I can't imagine why he'd ask if it wasn't about input voltage? since output voltage is constant. but then I can't imagine why he'd ask that question anyway. lol
Ask a new question

Read More

Components