Removing a synchronized web page from the desktop

Version: XP Professional (recent upgrade in my office
from Windows 2000)

I inadvertantly synchronized a web page on my desktop and
now want to remove it because it overrides my chosen
desktop backgroup pic. When I go into Control Panel,
Display, Desktop, Customize Desktop, Web -- I see the url
and I have the options to either uncheck it or to delete
it altogether. I have done both numerous times, but each
time I close Display Properties and go back in, it has
reappeared. No matter what I do, the url remains as
a 'checked' item and I cannot get rid of it. I've had
two co-workers look at it and they are just as baffled.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I have Win2000 but I hope this helps. After you uncheck or delete the url
don't forget to click Apply or OK. Clicking X to close the window is like
clicking Cancel. Hope this helps.

Dannie

"Sandie" wrote:

> Version: XP Professional (recent upgrade in my office
> from Windows 2000)
>
> I inadvertantly synchronized a web page on my desktop and
> now want to remove it because it overrides my chosen
> desktop backgroup pic. When I go into Control Panel,
> Display, Desktop, Customize Desktop, Web -- I see the url
> and I have the options to either uncheck it or to delete
> it altogether. I have done both numerous times, but each
> time I close Display Properties and go back in, it has
> reappeared. No matter what I do, the url remains as
> a 'checked' item and I cannot get rid of it. I've had
> two co-workers look at it and they are just as baffled.
>
> Any ideas?

Thanks so much. Unfortunately, I did that every time as
well, and it didn't help. This is one stubborn URL!!!

Thanks again for replying!
~Sandie

HI Sandie,

Here are a few more thngs you can try.

It's possible you converted the url to a background gif. Open the Display
Properties window and click on the Background tab. In the Select Background
window, make sure the background is set to None. If not, scroll to None and
select it.

Another possibility is to clear the Show Web Content checkbox on the Web
tab. Click on Apply and this should remove the url.

Hope this helps.

Happy computing,
Dannie