Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Problem with new build

Last response: in Systems
February 19, 2012 7:49:14 AM

Hello guys I have a problem. I recently assembled my computer from components bought from amazon and before I begin Thank you.

My rig ( if relevant)

core i3 2100
Asus P8H61-M LX Plus
Kingston 8gb ram
Gtx 460 v2

I built the computer about a week ago. I recently noticed that when the computer boots up or shuts down the computer's right speaker makes a static like noise, the speakers are connected to the on-board audio. I also tried my head phones to rule out the possibility of my computer's speakers being faulty and same thing happened, right headphone made a crackling sound when booting up. This noise makes me go nuts and I fear the on board audio might fail in the future.

So far to fix the problem I have tried updating the bios and re installing on board audio drivers. None of these have worked. To make matters worse I bought OEM windows and installed it on my pc. Now the windows is locked to my, from what it appears faulty, motherboard.

Is my motherboard faulty? If so should I return it or keep it? Will amazon take it? If I receive a new one back from amazon will my oem windows be usable?

Also should I contact Asus about the problem?

More about : problem build

February 19, 2012 10:23:42 AM

It only does it when you boot or shut down? My 6 year old Logitech speakers have done this on 3 different mobos. I would call it kind of a "pop", like if your volume was up too high on your home stereo when you plugged it in.

Don't worry about Windows. You can call customer support and they will give you a new key if you explain your situation that you just had to RMA a mobo.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
February 19, 2012 4:56:09 PM

Plasmid said:
Hello guys I have a problem. I recently assembled my computer from components bought from amazon and before I begin Thank you.

My rig ( if relevant)

core i3 2100
Asus P8H61-M LX Plus
Kingston 8gb ram
Gtx 460 v2

I built the computer about a week ago. I recently noticed that when the computer boots up or shuts down the computer's right speaker makes a static like noise, the speakers are connected to the on-board audio. I also tried my head phones to rule out the possibility of my computer's speakers being faulty and same thing happened, right headphone made a crackling sound when booting up. This noise makes me go nuts and I fear the on board audio might fail in the future.

So far to fix the problem I have tried updating the bios and re installing on board audio drivers. None of these have worked. To make matters worse I bought OEM windows and installed it on my pc. Now the windows is locked to my, from what it appears faulty, motherboard.

Is my motherboard faulty? If so should I return it or keep it? Will amazon take it? If I receive a new one back from amazon will my oem windows be usable?

Also should I contact Asus about the problem?

I would contact the motherboard manufacturer and explain the situation. So long as you replace your motherboard with the same make and model your oem should be fine although you will probably be asked to call microsoft then explain you needed to send the motherboard back as it was faulty and that you replaced it with the same exact make and model.
February 19, 2012 5:31:21 PM

I have seen that happen many times. It is electronic noise. Try turning you system volume to 25% and use the speaker volume for loudness, it should help. Generally quality speakers will fix the issue, maybe you have cheap speakers and headphone so try my suggestion and see if it helps.
m
l
February 25, 2012 11:19:27 PM

I decided to exchange motherboard with amazon and a new motherboard was sent to me free of charge. Hopefully this new motherboard I'll be receiving will not give me any issues anytime soon.

Thank You all for helping with my problem.
m
l
!