Last response: in CPUs
June 6, 2012 12:57:31 PM

Hello I'm having a problem I can't seem to find an answer for
System specifications:
Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
4.00GB RAMs
ATI Radeon HD 4600 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1

When i turn on my PC, I find the temperature on 40C which is pretty normal my standard temp is 40-50C then after a random and variable time, I find my temp ~100C and the cpu usage 100% although during that 100% cpu usage i can use mostly all my applications fairly normal, system doesn't slow as much as it should be doing when the cpu usage is at 100% like I can play my little demanding games like dota2 or League of legends fairly normal, but the heavy demanding games like Fifa2012 or Battlefield 3 run a little slower, yet not as slow as it should be...

System idle process is almost at 60% yet it's telling me CPU usage is almost at 90%, which is quite bizzare... and when I close the process that comes next to system idle process, like teamspeak 3, the cpu just seems to look for another process to max it's usage..

I tried scanning with free Avira found nothing.
Tried defragmentation for Hard disks -nothing was fragged-
Tried scanning with Malwarebytes found nothing.
Tried system restore, it failed because no windows files were altered.
Tried checking disks, it failed because of it being used, scheduled it to start after reboot, but it didn't run.
Cleaned the whole CPU case and made sure machine fans are working properly

Screenshot:
http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u346/flamesdevil/wei...

EDIT: I forgot to mention that after the CPU reaches this 100% state, restarting solves the problem also for a short period then the problem starts again, and when core temp is reporting the cpu temperature is about ~100C, when restarting and checking BIOS reports the temp is almost 48-52C which means temp cools down by 40C in about 10 secs, even if I ran the PC for hours on the reported 100C temperature and then restarting BIOS also reports the temperature as 45-55C
June 6, 2012 1:21:40 PM

I tried SpeedFan and it reported the same temperature as the one mentioned by Core Temp 40C before the spike, and 90C after the spike
Score
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2012 1:27:39 PM

Give HWMonitor a try.
Speedfan isn't that reliable.
Core Temp is quite reliable, but can mess up at times.
Score
June 6, 2012 1:41:16 PM

Tried HWMonitor and it reported the same as CoreTemp and SpeedFan, yet even if the temp was reported differently, the problem is still within the process uptake of nothing... its like the system idle process (which is supposed to be 100 - CPU usage) is actually reported and calculated wrong
Score
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2012 1:49:29 PM

You can try running Process Explorer to find out if any app has erratic CPU usage.
Score
June 6, 2012 1:51:27 PM

bartholomew said:
You can try running Process Explorer to find out if any app has erratic CPU usage.

In the screenshot I posted in my first post, I actually have process exp running already.
Score
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2012 2:10:36 PM

flamesdevil said:
In the screenshot I posted in my first post, I actually have process exp running already.

Oh, sorry I didn't notice. :p 
Post another one & Sort by CPU usage, highest at the top

And also, did you run Malwarebytes Anti malware in safe mode?
Score
June 6, 2012 2:19:19 PM

bartholomew said:
Oh, sorry I didn't notice. :p 
Post another one & Sort by CPU usage, highest at the top

And also, did you run Malwarebytes Anti malware in safe mode?

The screenshot already has the values sorted by CPU uptake in descending order (max at top) and I tried safe mode, and found that the processor uptake doesn't spike nor heat in safemode, and yet no malwares were found
Score
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2012 2:48:00 PM

flamesdevil said:
The screenshot already has the values sorted by CPU uptake in descending order (max at top) and I tried safe mode, and found that the processor uptake doesn't spike nor heat in safemode, and yet no malwares were found

Your system idle process is at normal. Its probably a spyware/malware of some sort, not sure.
Sorry, Can't figure this one out. :( 
The last thing I would say is, try running memtest86 to see if its not a faulty ram that's causing this.
Score
June 6, 2012 9:40:54 PM

I tried memtest86 and I passed 6 Tests with no errors, tried intensive cleaning for the machine with an electric blower and I also encountered the same problem...
I will have a Windows ultimate 64bit by tomorrow, May formatting my C and installing this clean edition solve the problem?
Also, Safe mode doesn't heat up my PC nor spike the processor, that rules out hardware malfunction, right?
Score
June 6, 2012 11:28:42 PM

Bump, I'm still encountering this problem.
Score
June 7, 2012 1:17:22 AM

bump.... is this error that unique?
Score
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2012 4:56:46 AM

Post this issue @ BleepingCompter. Guys over there might understand this error better & would help you find the solution for it.

Good luck :) 
Score
June 8, 2012 5:48:10 PM

I solved the problem, it was a faulty OS, replaced my Windows 7 Home Premium x86, with a Windows 7 Ultimate x64, also reformatted my C partition, and the problem was solved, thanks for help :D 
Score
!