Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First Gaming PC Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 19, 2012 2:48:29 PM

So, I'm building a gaming PC for the first time and need some opinions. Below, I'll list my planned parts. Please give any and all opinions on the quality, compatibility, and general comments about the system. Thanks.

Mobo: Intel DP67BGB3 Desktop Extreme Board
CPU: Intel i5-2500k
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler
RAM: Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) (CT2KIT51264BC1067)
Video Card: Radeon 6950
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme 7.1
Hard Drive: Seagate ST500DM002 Barracuda 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 500GB, SATA-6G, 7200, 16MB
Optical Drives: Lite-On IHDS118-04 Internal DVD Drive x2 (I don't really need/want Blu-Ray)
Case: Cooler Master RC-932-KKN5-GP HAF 932 Advance Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Ultra LS600 Lifetime Series 600W Power Supply

Thanks again for any help you can give me.

More about : gaming build

Best solution

February 19, 2012 3:03:31 PM

Ugnwong said:
So, I'm building a gaming PC for the first time and need some opinions. Below, I'll list my planned parts. Please give any and all opinions on the quality, compatibility, and general comments about the system. Thanks.

Mobo: Intel DP67BGB3 Desktop Extreme Board
CPU: Intel i5-2500k
If you are going to OC fine and if not save money and go with the i5-2400
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler
Or the CM 212
RAM: Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) (CT2KIT51264BC1067)
Make sure it is low profile and 1.5v
Video Card: Radeon 6950
Ok
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme 7.1
Not needed
Hard Drive: Seagate ST500DM002 Barracuda 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 500GB, SATA-6G, 7200, 16MB
If this is the boot and data drive consider the WD Black 50gb. Its more money but much better quality
Optical Drives: Lite-On IHDS118-04 Internal DVD Drive x2 (I don't really need/want Blu-Ray)
Ok
Case: Cooler Master RC-932-KKN5-GP HAF 932 Advance Full Tower Case
If thats what you like. The 922 is less expensive
Power Supply: Ultra LS600 Lifetime Series 600W Power Supply
Don't recognize the brand. Suggest a Corsair or Seasonic or similar high quality. Should be 80% or greater efficiency and Bronze rated or better

Thanks again for any help you can give me.

OS? Budget? Use for...?
Share
February 19, 2012 3:56:51 PM

QuietPC said:
OS? Budget? Use for...?


OS is Win7 64bit
Budget is around $1000, I don't want to go above that
Use is for gaming purposes, mainly BF3.

And also, can you elaborate on the sound card. Why don't I need it?
m
0
l
Related resources
February 19, 2012 8:37:44 PM

2520281,3,1129233 said:
OS is Win7 64bit
Budget is around $1000, I don't want to go above that
Use is for gaming purposes, mainly BF3.

And also, can you elaborate on the sound card. Why don't I need it?[/quotemsg

The mobos all have sound built in and they all do a good solid job so a sound card has little or no value today.
m
0
l
February 19, 2012 8:46:59 PM

QuietPC said:
2520281,3,1129233 said:
OS is Win7 64bit
Budget is around $1000, I don't want to go above that
Use is for gaming purposes, mainly BF3.

And also, can you elaborate on the sound card. Why don't I need it?[/quotemsg

The mobos all have sound built in and they all do a good solid job so a sound card has little or no value today.
said:


Ah, thanks for all the help.
m
0
l
February 29, 2012 1:27:59 AM

Best answer selected by Ugnwong.
m
0
l
!