Sign in with
Your question

Asrock h61M-GE initial boot - driver disc question.

Last response: in Systems
February 19, 2012 3:36:23 PM

Hi fellas. I just put together a PC for my parents and I'm using an Asrock h61M-GE (i3-2100 build). It says to install the driver disc first, then the OS. I did that, but the disc went into a continuous boot asking if this was a "driver discette" or something. After about 3 or 4 cycles of the same, I jusr removed the driver disc and am now installing Windows 7. Mistake, or not a big deal?

Questions I have, is whether Windows 7 will update the needed drivers anyway, or if I can update the drivers after Windows 7 is installed. Also, do I even need to update the drivers at all?

Thanks in advance.
February 19, 2012 5:34:26 PM

real world said:
Hi fellas. I just put together a PC for my parents and I'm using an Asrock h61M-GE (i3-2100 build). It says to install the driver disc first, then the OS. I did that, but the disc went into a continuous boot asking if this was a "driver discette" or something. After about 3 or 4 cycles of the same, I jusr removed the driver disc and am now installing Windows 7. Mistake, or not a big deal?

Questions I have, is whether Windows 7 will update the needed drivers anyway, or if I can update the drivers after Windows 7 is installed. Also, do I even need to update the drivers at all?

Thanks in advance.

Install Windows. It will load all the drivers it needs. After all i said and done you can load drivers from the driver disk or better yet go to their website and get the latest.
February 19, 2012 11:36:12 PM

Yes, I think you must have misunderstood or it was poor English. you have to install the OS before you can install drivers.
!