redneck4087

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
I have a new build but im not 100% sure on the ssd and hdd setup. its my first time using the ssd. i have the OCZ 60gb which may not be enough i have already installed windows 7 ultimate but i dont see the hdd in windows. i can see the hdd in the bios but thats it. can things like the adobe flash player and games be installed on the hdd and if so how do you do it? i have looked up the regedit stuff with not much success instrustions werent very good.

case: Dialblotek EVO ATX mid tower
mobo: asus p8z68 v gen 3
cpu: i5 2500k
cpu cooler: cooler master hyper 212+
psu: cooler master gtx 650w rs-650-acaa-e3
hdd: hitachi 500g 7200rpm
ssd: ocz 60g
blueray lg

Solution
you may need to format it in windows. type in diskmgmt.msc in the search bar (start menu) and press enter. see if your drive is listed there as unallocated space. you can format it so that windows will recognize it as a proper disk. if it isn't listed in disk management, you may need to look through bios (that controller may be disabled, not configured properly, or you may have a bad hard drive)

furry_roadkill

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
you may need to format it in windows. type in diskmgmt.msc in the search bar (start menu) and press enter. see if your drive is listed there as unallocated space. you can format it so that windows will recognize it as a proper disk. if it isn't listed in disk management, you may need to look through bios (that controller may be disabled, not configured properly, or you may have a bad hard drive)

Solution

redneck4087

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012

it wast the controller. thanks.