WIndows7 disconnects network and/or internet

Donnachef

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Hello,

Since the minute my new (3 months now) Toshiba PC was networked in to our home system we have had issues with it disconnecting either the network or internet connection. I have to unplug the router to reset everything and then I am up and running again, sometimes for hours and sometimes for only minutes. All the other computers, both laptops and PC's, in our home have no issues until I go online with my laptop. And then it blows everyone off the network or internet. I thought is might be a hardware issue with the Toshiba, but now thinking it's the Windows7. It's not an issue with the other computers running other operating systems, as mine disconnects when it is the only one online Any ideas how to fix this very annoying problem? Would a newer router solve it?

Solution
Remove the wireless config from the Toshiba --

go to network and sharing center -> manage wireless networks -> click on your network -> right click > remove

then reconnect it. see what happens.

If it still happens, try closing off ConfigFree

Donnachef

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Well, this answer may have been great if I had entered the correct information. It's actually my Toshiba laptop that is causing the issue. So, I am wireless; networked in. Any ideas?

edmond419

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Remove the wireless config from the Toshiba --

go to network and sharing center -> manage wireless networks -> click on your network -> right click > remove

then reconnect it. see what happens.

If it still happens, try closing off ConfigFree

Solution

Donnachef

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Thank you! For some reason, I have not been disconnecting the past few days.. no explanation, but it sure is nice. If it reverts to its former situation, I will certainly try your suggestions.