Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Sound Problems?

Last response: in Systems
February 19, 2012 4:00:27 PM

Just built my first gaming PC and I love it to death! But the sound isnt working! The speakers work great i tested them on my sisters computer. I know the volume on the speaker and on the computer is all the way up and i installed the audio driver. Everything is hooked up right. So while i was snooping around under audio devices my speakers were not listed could this be the problem? Im trying to add a device but its been stuck on "searching for devices". What should i do? :( 

More about : sound problems

a b B Homebuilt system
February 19, 2012 4:48:31 PM

Device Manager won't show the speakers, but will show Sound, video, and game controllers. You might want to check your BIOS settings to make sure the on-board sound is enabled.
m
l
February 19, 2012 4:51:13 PM

thanks for the reply, could you tell me how to do that please?
m
l
Related resources
February 19, 2012 5:00:19 PM

NicoleA8 said:
Just built my first gaming PC and I love it to death! But the sound isnt working! The speakers work great i tested them on my sisters computer. I know the volume on the speaker and on the computer is all the way up and i installed the audio driver. Everything is hooked up right. So while i was snooping around under audio devices my speakers were not listed could this be the problem? Im trying to add a device but its been stuck on "searching for devices". What should i do? :( 

You can double check that your speakers are the default Playback device.
Right click on the windows sound icon on the bottom right of the task bar, and click on playback devices.

Good luck
m
l
February 19, 2012 5:04:40 PM

thanks im going to keep trying, hope its nothing serious. the speakers are default i even tried using head phones....they wont work on my PC either!
m
l
February 19, 2012 5:18:53 PM

NicoleA8 said:
thanks im going to keep trying, hope its nothing serious. the speakers are default i even tried using head phones....they wont work on my PC either!

did you try to BIOS setting like the person above said? Hit DELETE when your computer is starting up. flip through the menus and see if you can find "Onboard sound" , make sure that's enabled.

other than that, make sure you plugged your speakers into the right plug, usually there's 2 green plugs, one is for surround sound. This is probably not it since you used headphones on it.
m
l
February 19, 2012 5:50:30 PM

Thanks for the reply, well i hit delete when the pc was starting up and "Asrock UEFI setup utility" popped up.
i looked around and under -advanced -south bridge configuration- i found-onboard HD audio- and it was on auto. i just put it on enabled and still no change. there wasnt any other sound/audio in there but that, so what could be the problem? :/ 

--also on my motherboard i have something very similar to this plugged in, it came with the motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168..., its something to do with sound, because its plugged into a thing that is labled speaker.
Also my hd audio cord is also plugged in...umm should i just have someone come look at it?
m
l
February 19, 2012 5:58:10 PM

NicoleA8 said:
Thanks for the reply, well i hit delete when the pc was starting up and "Asrock UEFI setup utility" popped up.
i looked around and under -advanced -south bridge configuration- i found-onboard HD audio- and it was on auto. i just put it on enabled and still no change. there wasnt any other sound/audio in there but that, so what could be the problem? :/ 

Other than making sure that you have the right drivers (there might be an updated one on Asrock's website), I can't think of anything else. Maybe you got a defected motherboard :'( .
m
l
February 19, 2012 6:21:48 PM

i refuse to believe that it might be a defective motherboard...ill just bring it to a shop or smething. maybe if i deny the fact it might be defective, it wont be defective.... q.q
m
l
February 19, 2012 11:26:14 PM

the sound chip was Dead, newegg is replacing the motherboard.
m
l

Best solution

February 19, 2012 11:30:07 PM

NicoleA8 said:
the sound chip was Dead, newegg is replacing the motherboard.

did you have them cross-ship you the motherboard? or else it's going to take forever

February 20, 2012 1:45:47 AM

well I'll call and ask, I went online and sent them a message and they sent me a RMA #, and they told me to put the mother board and everything that came with it in the original box and send it to them. So I packed it up and I'm going to mail it in the morning. Never returned anything online, so we will see....well there phone service isn't available, so ill just wait for an email reply, ill ship after that. Also thanks all for the support, especially theautumnsbest :) 
m
l
February 20, 2012 2:17:01 AM

Best answer selected by NicoleA8.
m
l
!