guy's can you help me...plz.what's problem on my rig

my rig:
PSU : FSP HEXA 80+ 500w
Procie: intel e8400 LGA 775
motherboard: gigabyte ep45 ud3p
VGA: sapphire radeon 5850 xtreme 1Gb
Memory: team xtreme 2x1 Gb
HDD: WDC blue 500Gb

i have problem when running game battlefield 3. It's show in auto adjust my res:1280x800, 60Hz, and high setting in every aspect....but, when i play it the game lag......

what's wrong with my rig guy's can you help me...plz :(

renjin

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

i have been tried every possible thing i can to my rig....i have overclock my CPU and GPU then i set down the setting to low, set the resolution down....it's no chance at all....

yes i check the task manager aswell, my memory run at 1.56 gb....and my 2 core run almost 100%

what's wrong guy's?i have run out of ideas.....

renjin

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

any indication this rig bottleneck?
or the power supply because it's not 80+ bronze certification?

yes i haven't chance the setting in catalyst because i set it in "use application setting" mode. my catalyst 11.12

monsta

Splendid
I don't believe your psu would be causing the problem, it doesn't have to be a 80+.

What I'm thinking that could be a possibilty is you are maxing out your 1 gb vram and it is then eating into your system ram and could be causing the lag/stutter.

I know you said its running at 1.56 GB , but in some maps it may use more especially when there is a lot of activity such as explosions and players and using the vehicles.
I'm not 100% sure but it would not hurt to add more ram, with 2GB of system ram it just appears to be borderline.

renjin

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

yes i think same as you.....i'm lack in memory since i upgrade the windows to win7 32 bit from xp sp3 32 bit...

can this be serious problem with the need in spec from the modern game nowadays

No, not PSU, and try to disable that "use application setting" mode.

Upgrade your memory then! :)

monsta

Splendid
Its a shame you did not get Win 64 bit.

I think BF3 is a very demanding game, if you upgraded your ram to 4GB your Win 7 32 will only use 3 GB, that extra 1 gig could make the difference you need.

Ram is very affordable now , so it would be a good idea to upgrade it to 4GB.