Does Xbox play DVD +/- R or +/- RW discs?

Last response: in Video Games
February 6, 2005 10:57:12 PM

AS above. thanks.

More about : xbox play dvd discs

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:00:33 AM

Xbox uses the -R discs.

Swizzle

"P. Lee" <pstudy@netzero.net> wrote in message
> AS above. thanks.
February 7, 2005 3:26:50 AM

"P. Lee" <pstudy@netzero.net> wrote in message
> AS above. thanks.

My Xbox (Phillips Drive) plays +R burned discs great. I don't have a multi
burner so I can't say how well -R disc play. JLC
February 7, 2005 7:27:11 AM

Yep.

"P. Lee" <pstudy@netzero.net> wrote in message
> AS above. thanks.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:14:20 PM

P. Lee wrote:
> AS above. thanks.

As per
http://www.system-mods.com/cgi-bin/pd/kb.cgi?view=43&la...

(click on the link to find out what drive your xbox has)

Samsung Drive:
Reads all CD-R/RW
Reads all DVD-R/RW
Will not read DVD+R/RW

Thomson Drive:
Will not read CD-R
Will only read SOME (generally expensive media) CD-RW
Reads all DVD-R/RW
Reads all DVD+R/RW

Philips Drive:
Will not read CD-R
Will read SOME (generally expensive media) CD-RW
Reads all DVD-R/RW
Does not read DVD+R/RW
February 7, 2005 7:38:21 PM

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> P. Lee wrote:
>> AS above. thanks.
>

> As per
> http://www.system-mods.com/cgi-bin/pd/kb.cgi?view=43&la...
>
> (click on the link to find out what drive your xbox has)
>
> Philips Drive:
> Will not read CD-R
> Will read SOME (generally expensive media) CD-RW
> Reads all DVD-R/RW
> Does not read DVD+R/RW

That's funny because I have a Philips drive and the only discs I use are +R.
I've played at lest 50 movies without any problems at all. JLC
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 9:59:31 PM

"P. Lee" <pstudy@netzero.net> wrote in message
> AS above. thanks.

Mine has played +RW.
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 7:54:25 PM

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> P. Lee wrote:
>>> AS above. thanks.
>>

>> As per
>> http://www.system-mods.com/cgi-bin/pd/kb.cgi?view=43&la...
>>
>> (click on the link to find out what drive your xbox has)
>>
>> Philips Drive:
>> Will not read CD-R
>> Will read SOME (generally expensive media) CD-RW
>> Reads all DVD-R/RW
>> Does not read DVD+R/RW
>>

> That's funny because I have a Philips drive and the only discs I use are
> +R. I've played at lest 50 movies without any problems at all. JLC

I have an original launch Xbox (thomson, I suppose) and mine plays both
CD-RW and CD-R as well as DVD+RW
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 9:50:59 AM

Large Farva wrote:
> "DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Don't know where you got that info

Read the post.. there is a link to a page where the info came from.
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 6:38:42 PM

> Large Farva wrote:
>> "DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>> Don't know where you got that info
>
> Read the post.. there is a link to a page where the info came from.

Well that guy is an idiot then.
!