Does Xbox play DVD +/- R or +/- RW discs?

AS above. thanks.
9 answers Last reply
More about does xbox play discs

    Xbox uses the -R discs.

    Swizzle

    "P. Lee" <pstudy@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > AS above. thanks.

    "P. Lee" <pstudy@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > AS above. thanks.

    My Xbox (Phillips Drive) plays +R burned discs great. I don't have a multi
    burner so I can't say how well -R disc play. JLC

    Yep.

    P. Lee wrote:
    > AS above. thanks.

    As per
    http://www.system-mods.com/cgi-bin/pd/kb.cgi?view=43&lang=en

    (click on the link to find out what drive your xbox has)

    Samsung Drive:
    Reads all CD-R/RW
    Reads all DVD-R/RW
    Will not read DVD+R/RW

    Thomson Drive:
    Will not read CD-R
    Will only read SOME (generally expensive media) CD-RW
    Reads all DVD-R/RW
    Reads all DVD+R/RW

    Philips Drive:
    Will not read CD-R
    Will read SOME (generally expensive media) CD-RW
    Reads all DVD-R/RW
    Does not read DVD+R/RW

    "DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > P. Lee wrote:
    >> AS above. thanks.
    >

    > As per
    > http://www.system-mods.com/cgi-bin/pd/kb.cgi?view=43&lang=en
    >
    > (click on the link to find out what drive your xbox has)
    >
    > Philips Drive:
    > Will not read CD-R
    > Will read SOME (generally expensive media) CD-RW
    > Reads all DVD-R/RW
    > Does not read DVD+R/RW

    That's funny because I have a Philips drive and the only discs I use are +R.
    I've played at lest 50 movies without any problems at all. JLC

    "P. Lee" <pstudy@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > AS above. thanks.

    Mine has played +RW.

    "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> P. Lee wrote:
    >>> AS above. thanks.
    >>

    >> As per
    >> http://www.system-mods.com/cgi-bin/pd/kb.cgi?view=43&lang=en
    >>
    >> (click on the link to find out what drive your xbox has)
    >>
    >> Philips Drive:
    >> Will not read CD-R
    >> Will read SOME (generally expensive media) CD-RW
    >> Reads all DVD-R/RW
    >> Does not read DVD+R/RW
    >>

    > That's funny because I have a Philips drive and the only discs I use are
    > +R. I've played at lest 50 movies without any problems at all. JLC

    I have an original launch Xbox (thomson, I suppose) and mine plays both
    CD-RW and CD-R as well as DVD+RW

    Large Farva wrote:
    > "DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Don't know where you got that info

    Read the post.. there is a link to a page where the info came from.

    > Large Farva wrote:
    >> "DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >

    >> Don't know where you got that info
    >
    > Read the post.. there is a link to a page where the info came from.

    Well that guy is an idiot then.

Console Gaming Video DVD Games Xbox Video Games