When is Xbox 2 supposed to be released?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.os.linux.xbox (More info?)

When is Xbox 2 supposed to be released, and what is the official name?
What will it offer that the original Xbox does not offer? Will it run
Linux? Can it be modded?

--
Rich

On 7 Feb 2005 02:47:49 -0800, "Rich Posiadlik of Portage Indiana"
<that_rich_pos@hotmail.com> wrote:
>When is Xbox 2 supposed to be released, and what is the official name?
>What will it offer that the original Xbox does not offer? Will it run
>Linux? Can it be modded?

Those questions will all be answered at the upcoming E3 in May,
according to Microsoft. Everything else (it'll be called the XBox 2 / NextBox /
Xenon / XBox 360 and will / won't have a hard drive and will / won't be
backwards compatible and will be __ times as powerful as the XBox and...) is all
rumor and speculation, nothing more.

--
I've gone to look for myself. If I should get back before I return, keep me here!