Looking for motherboard

I'm looking to build a sandy bridge and I have no idea what a good motherboard is. I want to upgrade to a ivy bridge when it come out. So what would be a good one for both? Ty
11 answers Last reply
More about looking motherboard
  1. asrock extreme 3 gen 3
  2. Thanks for the replies. Is there are reason why those are better then the other boards? I don't mind spending at least 250$ if that would be me something better.
  3. ssraid said:
    Is there are reason why those are better then the other boards?
    Ivy Bridge and PCI-e ver 3.0 support.
    What extra features would you want in a motherboard?
  4. Not really sure about what features I'd want. I was just curious to know what makes it better then the others.
  5. Like comparing it to motherboards that don't support Ivy Bridge and are PCIe 2.0?
  6. ssraid said:
    Thanks for the replies. Is there are reason why those are better then the other boards? I don't mind spending at least 250$ if that would be me something better.

    Before anyone can give you an honest answer, do you want a board that will run dual cards or a single card ?

    http://www.asrock.com/microsite/PCIe3/models.asp <----- Gen 3 -Ivy Bridge / PCI-E 3.0 boards and what they offer

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=1155 <----- All the boards that say Gen 3 next to their name are PCI-E 3.0 capable
  7. Yeah that works. lol Now to find a nice video card and SSD. Ty
  8. What's your budget for those parts like?
  9. I plan on having two cards. I'll prolly spend at least 250 for the video cards. Was thinking the msi560ti's or something like that. I'll get at least a 120 SSD hopefully i can get it on sale.
  10. ssraid said:
    I plan on having two cards. I'll prolly spend at least 250 for the video cards. Was thinking the msi560ti's or something like that. I'll get at least a 120 SSD hopefully i can get it on sale.



    Never sli or xfire to begin a build- by one More Powerful card to start you off and add in a second when you need it (it leaves your options open for an upgrade)
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Sandy Bridge Motherboards Systems