ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II Fullscreen issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

downschris

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
I received my new ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II this morning and installation was a breeze. Played skyrim for a couple hours and then went off to a wu-tang concert. Upon returning home I wanted to watch some of the videos I recorded. Using VLC I found that when I went into full screen mode the video was stretched to a larger resolution then my monitor. Since then I have tried using windows media and that didnt work so I reinstalled windows, all my drivers, and windows media. I'm still having the same problem. Also when coming out of the overstretched full screen my video card freezes for about 3 seconds and gives me a solid black screen followed by a minor loss in graphics quality.

Solution
Yes you are correct. I use a regular DVI display and I don't have any video resolution problems. That also explains why I don't have this setting in the Nvidia control panel, but thanks to you I will know what to expect if I will connect a HDTV to my card :)

downschris

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Antec 85-DF Black Steel || AMD Phenom II X4 955BE || ASUS Crosshair IV Formula || G.SKILL 1333 8GB (2x4GB) || Corsair AX1200 || ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II

Just in case it dosen't show up.

FunSurfer

Distinguished

Did you try to use a different player like Zoom Player?

downschris

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
I've used windows media, vlc, and also just discovered YouTube videos do the same thing to me.

I also just uninstalled all my drivers and current nvidia software and had no problem. Reinstalled everything and now in having the problems again.

downschris

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
So after a few days trying different cables, monitors, resolutions, signal strengths, and almost changing registry data, all it took was changing the settings in the Nvidia control panel.

Display - Adjust Desktop Color Settings - Content Type Reported to Display

I changed it from "Auto-Select" to "Desktop Programs" and the problem has been solved.

FunSurfer

Distinguished
Yes you are correct. I use a regular DVI display and I don't have any video resolution problems. That also explains why I don't have this setting in the Nvidia control panel, but thanks to you I will know what to expect if I will connect a HDTV to my card :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.