Sign in with
Your question
Closed

ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II Fullscreen issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 21, 2011 5:57:29 AM

I received my new ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II this morning and installation was a breeze. Played skyrim for a couple hours and then went off to a wu-tang concert. Upon returning home I wanted to watch some of the videos I recorded. Using VLC I found that when I went into full screen mode the video was stretched to a larger resolution then my monitor. Since then I have tried using windows media and that didnt work so I reinstalled windows, all my drivers, and windows media. I'm still having the same problem. Also when coming out of the overstretched full screen my video card freezes for about 3 seconds and gives me a solid black screen followed by a minor loss in graphics quality.
December 21, 2011 5:58:33 AM

Antec 85-DF Black Steel || AMD Phenom II X4 955BE || ASUS Crosshair IV Formula || G.SKILL 1333 8GB (2x4GB) || Corsair AX1200 || ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II

Just in case it dosen't show up.
Score
a c 75 Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 21, 2011 6:20:38 AM

You did uninstall the old drivers before uninstalling old card ?
Score
Related resources
December 21, 2011 6:22:11 AM

No I didnt, the fresh install of windows wouldnt have done that for me??
Score
December 21, 2011 6:27:32 AM

To OP - did you try changing the resolution in the nvidia control panel?
Score
December 21, 2011 6:35:38 AM

Yes, I have lowered resolution and same issue happens. I have also tried under scaling my screen but it seams to still overcompensate and stretch the image.
Score
December 21, 2011 7:35:01 AM

downschris said:
Yes, I have lowered resolution and same issue happens. I have also tried under scaling my screen but it seams to still overcompensate and stretch the image.

Did you try to use a different player like Zoom Player?
Score
December 21, 2011 7:52:46 AM

I've used windows media, vlc, and also just discovered YouTube videos do the same thing to me.

I also just uninstalled all my drivers and current nvidia software and had no problem. Reinstalled everything and now in having the problems again.
Score
December 22, 2011 5:35:15 PM

So after a few days trying different cables, monitors, resolutions, signal strengths, and almost changing registry data, all it took was changing the settings in the Nvidia control panel.

Display - Adjust Desktop Color Settings - Content Type Reported to Display

I changed it from "Auto-Select" to "Desktop Programs" and the problem has been solved.

Score
December 23, 2011 7:51:16 AM

Thank you for the info, I also have an ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II and Nvidia control panel, but I don't see the option "Content Type Reported to Display" under
"Adjust Desktop Color Settings "... I have only one display.
Score
December 23, 2011 3:51:52 PM

I think it has something to do with having a HDTV as my monitor. When I hooked up my roommates monitor to my computer everything was fine.
Score

Best solution

December 24, 2011 9:47:46 AM

Yes you are correct. I use a regular DVI display and I don't have any video resolution problems. That also explains why I don't have this setting in the Nvidia control panel, but thanks to you I will know what to expect if I will connect a HDTV to my card :) 
January 3, 2012 2:19:54 AM

Best answer selected by downschris.
Score
!