Spoilers, I guess, so I'll put in some space to be safe...

Okay. I'm on Korriban, dealing with the Sith Academy. I know
its possible to meet Carth's son there (Dustil, is it?) but
I think I might've messed up my chances. The walkthrough I
read said that if Carth is with you on Kashykk, someone will
come up to him and tell him his son is on Korriban. Well,
I never took Carth out with me on Kashykk, so that never
happened. While I was walking around the Academy, I did
have Carth, and I'm pretty sure I talked to this Dustil
kid, but nothing seemed to happen beyond the usual bland
NPC conversation. Wouldn't you think Carth and Dustil would
recognize each other?

Anyway, I've gone to the valley and the tombs, and I'm back
in the Academy now and Dustil is nowhere to be found. I'm
going to check the space station when I play next, but I
thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has any advice.

Pete

Peter Meilinger wrote:
> Spoilers, I guess, so I'll put in some space to be safe...
>

> Okay. I'm on Korriban, dealing with the Sith Academy. I know
> its possible to meet Carth's son there (Dustil, is it?) but
> I think I might've messed up my chances. The walkthrough I
> read said that if Carth is with you on Kashykk, someone will
> come up to him and tell him his son is on Korriban. Well,
> I never took Carth out with me on Kashykk, so that never
> happened. While I was walking around the Academy, I did
> have Carth, and I'm pretty sure I talked to this Dustil
> kid, but nothing seemed to happen beyond the usual bland
> NPC conversation. Wouldn't you think Carth and Dustil would
> recognize each other?
>
> Anyway, I've gone to the valley and the tombs, and I'm back
> in the Academy now and Dustil is nowhere to be found. I'm
> going to check the space station when I play next, but I
> thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has any advice.

Being as tho this game is over a year old, I doubt many people have
played it recently. IMO, the best place to find this answer is here:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=556553

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

In article <cu7rc2$8mh$2@news3.bu.edu>, Peter Meilinger <mellnger@bu.edu> wrote:

>Spoilers, I guess, so I'll put in some space to be safe...

[...]
>Wouldn't you think Carth and Dustil would
>recognize each other?

Yep. Looks like you missed out and I'd guess no turning back
unless you reload an old saved game. If you want to know what you
could have done ...
You could have convinced Dustil to turn away from the Sith if you
follow a careful sequence of conversation choices and a quest.
For more info, here's one good FAQ from the cite mentioned by the
other replier:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/star_wars_kotor_k.txt

Dave <dm@nospam.com> wrote:

>Yep. Looks like you missed out and I'd guess no turning back
>unless you reload an old saved game. If you want to know what you
>could have done ...

Ah, well, I'll get it next time through. Thanks!

Pete

I'm not sure to be honest. I got it on my second play through (when I
decided I'd play dark side and as a woman to see what was different).
Anyway, what I noticed was when I played as male I got Bastilla's side
quest, and when I played female I got Carths side quest. I assumed that this
was something to do with the romance quests. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Vampyre

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2005

Nah. I played male 1st time thru and did both Bastila and Carth's side
quests.
2nd time was dark side female, and still got both quests, although the
outcome was a little different...