Cannot Create Quick Launch Toolbar

September 28, 2004 2:20:39 PM

I had a bout with some spybots & after I got them cleared
up (I think), my Quick Launch Toolbar was gone, and I
can't re-create it. I get an error box "Cannot create
toolbar". Any suggestions? Thanks.
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 2:46:01 AM

"Bob C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had a bout with some spybots & after I got them cleared
>up (I think), my Quick Launch Toolbar was gone, and I
>can't re-create it. I get an error box "Cannot create
>toolbar". Any suggestions? Thanks.

See "Error Message: Cannot Create Toolbar for ""
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240133).

--
(tm)
Anonymous

That message seems specific to earlier versions of
Windows. There is no 'Application Data' folder
or 'Profiles' folder in the 'Windows' folder. The full
path (including Quick Launch) does exist under 'Documents
and Settings', for each user including Administrator and
All Users.

What am I missing? Thanks.
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 2:36:49 PM

"Cannot create Toolbar" error when you enable Quick Launch:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/QLError.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k