canon ixus400 - does it work with USB 2.0?

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 30, 2005 4:08:32 PM

Hi

The owners manual doesn't encourage use of a USB 2.0 port to transfer data
between my camera and PC. But will it do any harm to the camera if I use a
USB2.0 port ?

/HW

More about : canon ixus400 work usb

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 4:08:33 PM

No harm at all. It will transfer your pictures at USB 1.1 speed, however.

Bye.

"thetaxidriver" <hwem@studmed.au.dk> wrote in message
news:p CBme.34$y03.18@news.get2net.dk...
> Hi
>
> The owners manual doesn't encourage use of a USB 2.0 port to transfer data
> between my camera and PC. But will it do any harm to the camera if I use a
> USB2.0 port ?
>
> /HW

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 4:08:33 PM

thetaxidriver wrote:
> Hi
>
> The owners manual doesn't encourage use of a USB 2.0 port to transfer data
> between my camera and PC. But will it do any harm to the camera if I use a
> USB2.0 port ?
>
> /HW

It will probably use the batteries a bit, but if the USB port is there,
I see no reason NOT to use it. Card readers are often more convenient,
for my purposes.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

"thetaxidriver" <hwem@studmed.au.dk> writes:

>The owners manual doesn't encourage use of a USB 2.0 port to transfer data
>between my camera and PC. But will it do any harm to the camera if I use a
>USB2.0 port ?

Not at all. USB 2.0 ports automatically drop down to the lower USB
speeds if the other device doesn't support high speed.

Dave
!