Skyrim Issue

So, I was able to play Skyrim for about 35 hours, not straight but total, then it started to freeze every time I loaded a game or tried to start a new one. I've tried every practical solution to Skyrim bugs, besides buying a new computer, and none of them worked. My specs meet the recommended requirements, except for my graphics card. I have a NVida 9600. My friend says it may have something to do with the graphics card, but this card meets the minimum requirements. My friend thinks my card is dying, but I can play other games just fine.
14 answers Last reply
More about skyrim issue
  1. Your card is ok and friend can able to play on 9500gt. There is may be other problem. Update to new driver and try reinstall it again.
  2. get gpu-z and tell me the temps of the card.
  3. Skyrim runs on my 8600GT at the lowest setting ok.

Try saving game save files and reinstalling skyrim.
  4. Just an FYI, I have had a 9600GT die on me recently, shortly after i noticed some artifacting in some games. I have also heard many different accounts of 9600 GT cards dieing. Maybe want to look into...
  5. take amd radeon series..
  6. goruav said:
    take amd radeon series..

Amd fanboy :non:
  7. Radeons tend to be cheaper ATM for the performance. TBH though I wish I had a geforce... better support IMO. Free 3d drivers and CUDA support are two things I really really wish I had.
  8. I am not entirely sure on the battle between AMD/Nvidia, but i know for Skyrim, my GTX 460 1GB handles ultra settings with 8xAA, FXAA and 16xAF. Not had any issues with frames bogging down.

FYI:
    Q9650 @ 3.6
    4GB DDR2-800 RAM
  9. Your GPU should be OK, maybe the OS, drivers or skyrim itself has corrupted files.
  10. jonpaul37 said:
    I am not entirely sure on the battle between AMD/Nvidia, but i know for Skyrim, my GTX 460 1GB handles ultra settings with 8xAA, FXAA and 16xAF. Not had any issues with frames bogging down.

FYI:
    Q9650 @ 3.6
    4GB DDR2-800 RAM

Resolution?
  11. amuffin said:
    Resolution?

This was supposed to be a response to the AMD fanboy response. Wanted them to know that the $150.00 Nvidia 460 1GB card performs very well with Skyrim on 1920 x 1080, also a possible resolution to the OP, yes indeed.
  12. jonpaul37 said:
    This was supposed to be a response to the AMD fanboy response. Wanted them to know that the $150.00 Nvidia 460 1GB card performs very well with Skyrim on 1920 x 1080, also a possible resolution to the OP, yes indeed.

just wanted to check, because my friend is deciding on if the 460 is worth it.
  13. amuffin said:
    just wanted to check, because my friend is deciding on if the 460 is worth it.

I bought the MSI GTX 460 1GB on craigslist for one hundred, very pleased with that purchase. FYI, i would have paid $150
  14. To answer the person who told me to get gpu-z, if you mean temperature then its at 46 degrees C
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Skyrim Graphics