Ultra LSP 750 pro in my system

Drifter2090

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Okay will my Ultra LSP 750 pro be able to handle the new system that I am building?

Current System:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.56ghz
MOTHERBOARD: XFX nForce 750a SLI
GPU: XFX HD 5670
RAM: 4gb DDR2 800mhz
Cooler: OCZ Vendetta

New System:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k (planning to OC)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77 - GD65
GPU: probably a GTX 670
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 1600mhz
Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO

So do you guys think I NEED to upgrade my PSU or should i just leave it as is?

btw my current system tends to BLUE SCREEN wile running some games, im not sure whats causing the problem tho.

Solution
It varies, if the PSU works properly, it will just shut down and not damage anything. However, some poor quality PSUs will blow out if they are taxed too much, possibly taking other components down with it, which would be bad news if you have really expensive components like the GTX 670. The PSU blowing out isn't guaranteed to happen with the Ultra LSP750, but why take a chance when you have a $400 video card.
The Ultra LSP 750 is actually closer to a 500 Watt PSU as far as the number of amps on the +12V rail go. If you only want to power one GTX 670 it might be okay. I would recommend that you go with a more reputable brand if possible. A 550 Watt PSU from a good brand like Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, or Enermax would be adequate, provided you have no plans to get a second 670 for SLI later on.

It varies, if the PSU works properly, it will just shut down and not damage anything. However, some poor quality PSUs will blow out if they are taxed too much, possibly taking other components down with it, which would be bad news if you have really expensive components like the GTX 670. The PSU blowing out isn't guaranteed to happen with the Ultra LSP750, but why take a chance when you have a $400 video card.

Solution