CMOS Checksum Bad Error; Multiple Problems

fate0ftehfall3n

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Hello,
Alright... here is the PC problem I've been having to endure for the past week or 2. The problem originated a month or 2 ago for unknown reasons. My PC has been doing the following in any given order in a hit-and-miss fashion:

1. Rebooting every 5 seconds infinitely (no display)
- Sometimes stays on but freezes at black screen. (no display)
2. MOBO splash screen appears; freezes. (no input allowed)
3. Same as 2, but input allowed; then freezes at black screen.
4. CMOS Checksum Bad with options appears. (May or may not freeze)
5. Allowed to press F1 to get to BIOS; may or may not freeze.
6. Ultimately freezes in BIOS; sometimes doesn't freeze but freezes after I save changed settings; date sometimes goes to factory default.

This picture only happened once, but it was the one with the most information on the page. Anyone have any idea or suggestions as to what the problem could be? I've already bought a new GPU (which was needed regardless of this problem) and also a new CMOS Battery for the Motherboard. Any help is VERY much appreciated!!!

431447_302286949833604_100001569058031_847662_2033211894_n.jpg

fate0ftehfall3n

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Alright, that's what I thought. I didn't know if there was any other tests I could perform currently, since I don't have a spare PSU. But thank you for narrowing it down! If there are any other suggestions, please feel free to post! I will post back ASAP whenever I have access to another PSU.

jacksen

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
did you solve this one, u did not post after trying another psu. i have the same issue, i have tested the power supply with psu tester and it is fine, even changed it with known workin psu still same problem