Sign in with
Your question

What kind of brand/type XPC is this?

Last response: in Components
June 6, 2012 11:49:08 PM

Does anyone of you know what kind of XPC this is?

www.xs4all.nl/~mstreet/mystery-mini-pc.jpg

I hope to hear from you.

More about : kind brand type xpc

a b ) Power supply
June 6, 2012 11:59:10 PM

Looks like some SFF dell case to me, they are easy to build yourself just grab an Mitx board and appropriate components.

as for that "specific" case, I can't tell you the exact model.
June 7, 2012 12:11:04 AM

Thanks for your reply! SFF, meaning Small Form Factor? Makes sense. Ok, Dell you say.. I know it has a i7 860 CPU, 4Gb of DDR3 RAM, a 500Gb Drive and an added ATI Radeon 5550 graphics card, but that's about it. I'm about to buy this thing second hand tomorrow for what I think is a good deal... So that's why I'm trying to find out the exact model. The owner doesn't seem to know...

Thanks so far.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
June 7, 2012 12:41:02 AM

What do you intend to do with the system? if its gaming you will probably want a gpu upgrade.

I'll take a look around dells website and see if I can't dig something up. maybe ask him for a picture of the back? model number should be there :) 

Having trouble finding anything on this pc. Might not be a dell, I just looked at the glossy case and power button, they certainly look like dells style though.
June 7, 2012 12:47:52 AM

I will mostly use it for photoshop / lightroom. So I think it'll be fast enough for that. Maybe a different card later on.

I did find a picture of the back right here:

http://verkopen.marktplaats.nl/photopopup/551137387/2

You're being really awesome to try and help me out. On another forum someone told me it's a custom built pc with an apex case. If that's true, then I wonder if I'll be able to find out what kind of mainboard the system has. That's something I want to know, so I can lookup a review..

Thanks so far man!
a b ) Power supply
June 7, 2012 2:25:35 AM

Yeah, I tried looking through apexs line up of SFF cases, I found nothing :/  sorry
!