Ed

How do I get the office the small office toolbar with the
powerpoint, word, excel, outlook icons on the upper rigth
corner of my monitor. I know how set it in windows 2000,
but I have not been able to figure it out on Windows XP
home edition. Thank you!

Do you have Microsoft Office installed on your computer? Office is not part
of Windows XP. XP is an operating system, not the office suite.

"ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get the office the small office toolbar with the
> powerpoint, word, excel, outlook icons on the upper rigth
> corner of my monitor. I know how set it in windows 2000,
> but I have not been able to figure it out on Windows XP
> home edition. Thank you!

Office Shortcut Bar is not included in Office 2003

The behavior of the Office Shortcut Bar (OSB) in Office XP differs from the
OSB in earlier versions than Office 97
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290122

OFFXP: Office Shortcut Bar Shortcut Doesn't Start Office XP Bar
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290744

OFFXP: Cannot Start Office Shortcut Bar or Office Shortcut Bar Does Not
Start Automatically
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325074

Frequently asked questions about the Office Shortcut bar and Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830180

OFF: Office Shortcut Bar Is Not Displayed When Installed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292571

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:eMf0GRbpEHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Augie Doggie <zippy@pinhead.org> hunted and pecked:
> Do you have Microsoft Office installed on your computer? Office is
> not part of Windows XP. XP is an operating system, not the office
> suite.
>

> "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How do I get the office the small office toolbar with the
>> powerpoint, word, excel, outlook icons on the upper rigth
>> corner of my monitor. I know how set it in windows 2000,
>> but I have not been able to figure it out on Windows XP
>> home edition. Thank you!

Ed

Yes, I do have have Microsoft Office installed in my
computer with Windows XP Home Edition as the operating
system. So I guess I would have to add short cuts for
word, powerpoint, excell and outlook to my desk top or
toolbar at the bottom for each program (ppt, xsl, doc,
etc) that I want to open with one click instead of
navigating through start/programs/microsoft
office/"desired programs", every time I want to open one
of them... if anyone knows of other suggestions, please
feel free to share...
what ever happened to the "if ain't broke, don't fix it"
principle... (just venting) thank you!

us;292571