Office toolbar

How do I get the office the small office toolbar with the
powerpoint, word, excel, outlook icons on the upper rigth
corner of my monitor. I know how set it in windows 2000,
but I have not been able to figure it out on Windows XP
home edition. Thank you!
3 answers Last reply
More about office toolbar

    Do you have Microsoft Office installed on your computer? Office is not part
    of Windows XP. XP is an operating system, not the office suite.

    "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I get the office the small office toolbar with the
    > powerpoint, word, excel, outlook icons on the upper rigth
    > corner of my monitor. I know how set it in windows 2000,
    > but I have not been able to figure it out on Windows XP
    > home edition. Thank you!

    Office Shortcut Bar is not included in Office 2003

    The behavior of the Office Shortcut Bar (OSB) in Office XP differs from the
    OSB in earlier versions than Office 97
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290122

    OFFXP: Office Shortcut Bar Shortcut Doesn't Start Office XP Bar
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290744

    OFFXP: Cannot Start Office Shortcut Bar or Office Shortcut Bar Does Not
    Start Automatically
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325074

    Frequently asked questions about the Office Shortcut bar and Office 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830180

    OFF: Office Shortcut Bar Is Not Displayed When Installed
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292571

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:eMf0GRbpEHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Augie Doggie <zippy@pinhead.org> hunted and pecked:
    > Do you have Microsoft Office installed on your computer? Office is
    > not part of Windows XP. XP is an operating system, not the office
    > suite.
    >

    > "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> How do I get the office the small office toolbar with the
    >> powerpoint, word, excel, outlook icons on the upper rigth
    >> corner of my monitor. I know how set it in windows 2000,
    >> but I have not been able to figure it out on Windows XP
    >> home edition. Thank you!

    Yes, I do have have Microsoft Office installed in my
    computer with Windows XP Home Edition as the operating
    system. So I guess I would have to add short cuts for
    word, powerpoint, excell and outlook to my desk top or
    toolbar at the bottom for each program (ppt, xsl, doc,
    etc) that I want to open with one click instead of
    navigating through start/programs/microsoft
    office/"desired programs", every time I want to open one
    of them... if anyone knows of other suggestions, please
    feel free to share...
    what ever happened to the "if ain't broke, don't fix it"
    principle... (just venting) thank you!

    us;292571

    >--
    >Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >Wes
    >
    >In news:eMf0GRbpEHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    >Augie Doggie <zippy@pinhead.org> hunted and pecked:
    >> Do you have Microsoft Office installed on your
    computer? Office is
    >> not part of Windows XP. XP is an operating system, not
    the office
    >> suite.
    >>

    >> "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >>> How do I get the office the small office toolbar with
    the
    >>> powerpoint, word, excel, outlook icons on the upper
    rigth
    >>> corner of my monitor. I know how set it in windows
    2000,
    >>> but I have not been able to figure it out on Windows XP
    >>> home edition. Thank you!
    >
    >.

Configuration Office Customization Windows XP