Will a capture card reduce CPU usage while streaming with XSplit

iocaine1

Honorable
May 23, 2012
I am confused on where the actual encoding occurs, and whether or not a capture card will reduce CPU load / improve streaming performance

If I livestream (PC to internet) without a capture card, XSplit is doing the encoding (which is very CPU intensive). However, if i were to buy a capture card like the Blackmagic Intensity Pro and use that to capture the game screen.. then stream the captured video, Will this improve stream performance? Lower CPU usage?
XSplit forum's are useless and you're lucky if they let you post a question lol. Anybody know anything about this?

iocaine1

Honorable
May 23, 2012

I already am a casual live streamer and understand most of the settings. To be honest, my i3 does a pretty good job lol. For upgrades sake however (full PC upgrade), I am just trying to find out if there is actually any benefit to a capture card that will increase gaming performance while streaming. Its remarkable how CPU intensive it is, even for some of these higher end machines.

iocaine1

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Okay it seems like a capture card might help.. but its complicated with just 1 PC and the benefits do not seem to out weigh the cost, as the effects would only be minimal.. Unless of course you plan on streaming console

TRENDING THREADS