Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Build Advice for NLEditing AVID Studio 6

Last response: in Systems
February 20, 2012 2:47:01 AM

Hello and thank you for looking in,

Approximate Purchase Date: (within 30 days or as soon as feel comfortable with assembly) If you got some links to share on screwing and snapping these things together without having too Solder?

Budget Range: ($600-800 Dollars) Before / After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (Editing with Avid Studio 6.0 - to -Battlefield 3)
Studio 6 asks for a min require of:

*Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz processor or faster
*Memory: 4 GB of RAM (6+ GB of RAM recommended)
*Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX family3 (FX 560 or higher) 1 GB of mem on video Dedicated
*Internal Hard Drive: Minimum 80 GB 7200 rpm hard disk--(I read that SATA Drives are the way to go? I want fast Boot and do not mind getting external storage for heat and replacement reasons)

Parts Not Required: (monitor, speakers)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (???? To new to know, so please enlighten me-- to show selection & pricing)

Parts Preferences: by brand or type ( Open to suggestion.... I know Nvidia is the best for Avid Studio which is what this is all about "so they say")

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe (What is this?)

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe (Again what is this?)

Monitor Resolution: (I have a Dell 32" 1900X something or another) right now and would like to be able to use it as a primary and also have the availability to stream Videos and such to an LED TV)

Additional Comments: (I want to be able to upgrade this system if need by. I think that is my prob with this one and why I am building a new one, instead of upgrading. The Mother board or something is not compatible)
I also would not mind going bigger and faster then the minimum if possible for that budget...

Thank you in advance,
Netcommercial

Currently out grew a Constantly crashing'
Dell 530 Inspiron
intel core 2 duo e6550 2.33 ghz
Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT
st3320620as = seagate 7200 RPM
February 20, 2012 5:21:03 AM

looks like your building your dream
power to you friend
m
l

Best solution

February 20, 2012 9:36:22 AM

netcommercial said:
If you got some links to share on screwing and snapping these things together without having too Solder?
No solder needed these days.

Here is a Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC

Look over the forum's "System won't boot" checklist to see some of the common build errors and how to avoid them.

-> The usual advice; read the manual / install guide; look at the parts, read the manual again and if everything makes sense and looks right - then go ahead with the install.

While you're waiting for delivery you can download the online version of the motherboard manual and start getting familiar with it. Same for the other parts you want to order if they have install guides or manuals available.

Related resources
February 20, 2012 6:49:50 PM

WR2 said:
No solder needed these days.

Here is a Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC

Look over the forum's "System won't boot" checklist to see some of the common build errors and how to avoid them.

-> The usual advice; read the manual / install guide; look at the parts, read the manual again and if everything makes sense and looks right - then go ahead with the install.

While you're waiting for delivery you can download the online version of the motherboard manual and start getting familiar with it. Same for the other parts you want to order if they have install guides or manuals available.

Thank you for that link, I will get familiar with it.
m
l
February 26, 2012 11:04:49 PM

Best answer selected by netcommercial.
m
l
!