will I be able to chip my XBOX 2 ?

Jordan

DoktorBoekkake wrote:
> otherwise I won't buy one :(

If history is any guide the very first ones out will be the easiest to
chip, but you'll have to buy one before you'll know if it's possible.
Once they start revising the hardware any loop-holes will quickly
close.

Example: On the original Playstation you could play imported and
bootlegged titles by buying a 40 cent spring. The lid had a peg which
pressed down a lid-sensor switch on the back right hand side. By
covering the peg you could press the lid sensor button without closing
the lid. This allowed you to go to the CD player screen, put a normal
game in the drive, press the button telling it the lid was closed, once
it stopped spinning take the disc out, swap with the bootleg or import
of your choice and presto! Close the lid, exit the CD player menu and
you were good to go.

The next revision of the hardware glued that lid sensor and removed the
peg. The revision after that removed the button completely.

- Jordan

"DoktorBoekkake" <doktebroekkkake@geenmail.com> wrote in message
> otherwise I won't buy one :(

No, you can't. Don't buy one.

>> otherwise I won't buy one :(
>
> No, you can't. Don't buy one.

Sure you can. I chipped mine last week!

Okay, so that wasn't even funny, but isn't it a little too early to ask...?

DoktorBoekkake <doktebroekkkake@geenmail.com> wrote:
> otherwise I won't buy one :(

Yes, if you drop it just right, you should be able to chip the case nicely.

DoktorBoekkake wrote:
> otherwise I won't buy one :(

probably, but i assume very much of the gaming activity will be online
or somehow communicate online. Thus piracy prevention is suddenly harder
to overcome since the hardware is fairly dedicated.

I'm sure you'll buy the next gen console anyways. I have no pirated
games, i preffer it that way. I'll by the ps3 and i'll probably never
consider chipping it neither.