Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Overclocking new build

Last response: in Systems
February 20, 2012 8:03:12 AM

I notice on ebay there are so user who just sell custom pc builds wanted to know if you can make any money from making custom pcs overclocking them and selling them on ebay read a few forums that said people do it as a job wanted to ask myself tho.

More about : overclocking build

Best solution

February 20, 2012 8:21:20 AM

Most likely since people already do this, but there are some issues. Mostly related to support. If people buy a PC from you, they expect you to help them out when they have issues with the PC, and depending on the law where you live you might be forced to replace defective components unless you can "make it plausible" that it is defective due to wrong use/abuse.
One way to go about this would be to make proper custom builds, with cases modded to look great or to costumer specification. This guy used to do that, now does reviews: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimeToLiveCustoms
Some of his videos might be great inspiration.

Lastly, you made a horrible title for the topic, "overclocking pc's for ebay?" or something like that would have been better.
a b B Homebuilt system
February 20, 2012 8:27:27 AM

Some can but some lose money. You can not please every one all the time. Problem is if you build it people expect a warranty that you will honor. And that you offer support for any problems. And if there is any thing wrong then you are responsible as you built it. Selling locally that way is no problem but when you are shipping a pc back and forwards it can get quite costly. I see a lot of people collecting old pc's (broken or just discarded or given to them as the old owner upgraded) and laptops repairing them and selling them online.

Personally i would not do it as its quite costly and systems can break down easily especially if some one who knows nothing about pc's (the majority of those who buy built systems) and do something they should not have (not cleaning it or opening it up messing with it and breaking something). And i would not recommend it. Unless you can mass produce them and buy parts in bulk (and get a major discount for doing so) it will be hard in many cases to break even let alone get ahead.
Related resources
February 20, 2012 9:36:28 AM

If you just sold a few new computers on ebay as a normal seller not like you have a big account selling hundreds of pcs im not sure you have to give a warranty but would need to give money back if it was DOA.
a b B Homebuilt system
February 20, 2012 9:58:46 AM

senpepe said:
If you just sold a few new computers on ebay as a normal seller not like you have a big account selling hundreds of pcs im not sure you have to give a warranty but would need to give money back if it was DOA.

Sounds like you already have it worked out for yourself. Good luck with that.
February 21, 2012 6:14:52 AM

Best answer selected by senpepe.
!