Quick Launch

Hi
I use Microsoft XP Professional Version 2002. My quick
launch was working absolutely fine. While working on PC,
somehow I figured out that it vanished and only different
browser windows were open.Everything else was in place. I
went to taskbar/start menu options,& clicked on the tick
mark. But to no avail. It did not work. I also have tried
from the taskbar by right clicking & going to toolbars &
clicking on Quick Launch.It gives me an error,cannot
create Quick Launch.I am troubled as I have to open lot
of browser windows & get to the desktop pretty often.
Please help me

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

1. what happens when you try to add it? is that all the error says?

2. you could create another toolbar and just put shortcuts in there. that's
all quicklaunch is anyways.

3. to quickly load ie, just type run > iexplore.

4. if you have too many browser windows, you could try using an alternative
like mozilla firefox.

5. a quick way to get to the desktop is to use hotkeys.
win + d = show desktop
win + m = minimize all

"Inder Yadav" wrote:

> Hi
> I use Microsoft XP Professional Version 2002. My quick
> launch was working absolutely fine. While working on PC,
> somehow I figured out that it vanished and only different
> browser windows were open.Everything else was in place. I
> went to taskbar/start menu options,& clicked on the tick
> mark. But to no avail. It did not work. I also have tried
> from the taskbar by right clicking & going to toolbars &
> clicking on Quick Launch.It gives me an error,cannot
> create Quick Launch.I am troubled as I have to open lot
> of browser windows & get to the desktop pretty often.
> Please help me

Hi Inder,

Make sure the following folder exists at this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

If it does not, then create it and try to enable the quick launch thereafter.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations