Sign in with
Your question

Freezing/Stuttering while gaming/flash video with NO GPU

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 20, 2012 12:55:47 PM

This machine has been giving me freezing and stuttering problems since I built it.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P
Processor: i5-2500k (stock frequencies)
Heatsink: Hyper 212+
RAM: 16GB (4x4GB G-Skill RipjawsX, all 4 DIMMs are the same model)
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 650W
HDDs: 64GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive), 1TB Samusng Spinpoint F3 (documents, downloads, etc.)

This is really bothering me. I have a GTX570 (ASUS DCII model, DVI out) and originally I thought that was the cause of the freezing, but now I'm stumped. I removed the video card and I'm having the same issues with the integrated video via HDMI out. Running prime95 produces maximum temps of 54 degrees C on the CPU, so I don't think it's a heating problem. 5 passes of memtest produced no errors. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I should also mention my SSD has the latest firmware. I even tried installing Windows onto a regular HDD and I get the same problems.

More about : freezing stuttering gaming flash video gpu

February 20, 2012 1:08:11 PM

is bf3 one of them ?
m
l
February 20, 2012 1:22:44 PM

misha87 said:
is bf3 one of them ?

No sir. Arkham City, Mass Effect 2, TERA Online, and Grand Fantasia are the only games I tried and they all freeze/stutter. The same issue also happens while watching streaming flash video from youtube.
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2012 1:24:45 PM

Got the same problem, in games in windows, while playing music. Windows is stuttering for some reason. Got about the same specs as you

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 LE
Processor: i5-2500k 4.3 ghz
Heatsink: CM V8
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB GEIL Memory)
PSU: OCZ 600W
HDDs: 128GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive), 1TB Samusng Spinpoint

I searched for alot of websites, alot of people got the same problem. Some say it are the realtek audio drivers. I suggest to update all your drivers of your motherboard, video card and crucial m4 software. Also if you have a wireless adapter into and pci slot try to update software. Gonna try it out tonight i will keep you posted
m
l
February 20, 2012 1:33:55 PM

Redmar89 said:
Got the same problem, in games in windows, while playing music. Windows is stuttering for some reason. Got about the same specs as you

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 LE
Processor: i5-2500k 4.3 ghz
Heatsink: CM V8
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB GEIL Memory)
PSU: OCZ 600W
HDDs: 128GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive), 1TB Samusng Spinpoint

I searched for alot of websites, alot of people got the same problem. Some say it are the realtek audio drivers. I suggest to update all your drivers of your motherboard, video card and crucial m4 software. Also if you have a wireless adapter into and pci slot try to update software. Gonna try it out tonight i will keep you posted

Thanks, I'll try this. I do have a wireless adapter in a PCIe slot, btw. Gonna update and post results later on today.
m
l
!