Freezing/Stuttering while gaming/flash video with NO GPU

This machine has been giving me freezing and stuttering problems since I built it.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P
Processor: i5-2500k (stock frequencies)
Heatsink: Hyper 212+
RAM: 16GB (4x4GB G-Skill RipjawsX, all 4 DIMMs are the same model)
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 650W
HDDs: 64GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive), 1TB Samusng Spinpoint F3 (documents, downloads, etc.)

This is really bothering me. I have a GTX570 (ASUS DCII model, DVI out) and originally I thought that was the cause of the freezing, but now I'm stumped. I removed the video card and I'm having the same issues with the integrated video via HDMI out. Running prime95 produces maximum temps of 54 degrees C on the CPU, so I don't think it's a heating problem. 5 passes of memtest produced no errors. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I should also mention my SSD has the latest firmware. I even tried installing Windows onto a regular HDD and I get the same problems.
4 answers Last reply
More about freezing stuttering gaming flash video
  1. is bf3 one of them ?
  2. misha87 said:
    is bf3 one of them ?

No sir. Arkham City, Mass Effect 2, TERA Online, and Grand Fantasia are the only games I tried and they all freeze/stutter. The same issue also happens while watching streaming flash video from youtube.
  3. Got the same problem, in games in windows, while playing music. Windows is stuttering for some reason. Got about the same specs as you

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 LE
    Processor: i5-2500k 4.3 ghz
    Heatsink: CM V8
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB GEIL Memory)
    PSU: OCZ 600W
    HDDs: 128GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive), 1TB Samusng Spinpoint

I searched for alot of websites, alot of people got the same problem. Some say it are the realtek audio drivers. I suggest to update all your drivers of your motherboard, video card and crucial m4 software. Also if you have a wireless adapter into and pci slot try to update software. Gonna try it out tonight i will keep you posted
  4. Redmar89 said:
    Got the same problem, in games in windows, while playing music. Windows is stuttering for some reason. Got about the same specs as you

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 LE
    Processor: i5-2500k 4.3 ghz
    Heatsink: CM V8
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB GEIL Memory)
    PSU: OCZ 600W
    HDDs: 128GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive), 1TB Samusng Spinpoint

I searched for alot of websites, alot of people got the same problem. Some say it are the realtek audio drivers. I suggest to update all your drivers of your motherboard, video card and crucial m4 software. Also if you have a wireless adapter into and pci slot try to update software. Gonna try it out tonight i will keep you posted

Thanks, I'll try this. I do have a wireless adapter in a PCIe slot, btw. Gonna update and post results later on today.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems