Just finished X-box Oddworld, the stranger's wrath

I don't know how but I managed to get to the end of this game without cheat
codes. A couple of the levels and bosses were very hard. Anyway, I will
give people tips if they get stuck on what strategy I used to get through
it.

Glen

just curious, how long did it take you to finish the game?

also, how would you rate the game compared to Munch's Oddysey... is it
as fun or just totally different?

lastly, is it worth the bucks or do you suggest waiting a while for a
drop?

thanks in advance!

>also, how would you rate the game compared to Munch's Oddysey... is it
>as fun or just totally different?

Totally, completely different. No "follow me" stuff.
It's a FPS, with a little 3rd person running around. But almost
completely a shooter.

More imaginative than most. The different kinds of ammo are really
cool.

>lastly, is it worth the bucks

No way. Rent it. You can play through it in a weekend, or a few
evenings.

Thoth

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

<Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mitch, are you AccordionAce?

Fizzlestix wrote:
> just curious, how long did it take you to finish the game?

I'd estimate between 12-15 hours of game play.

> also, how would you rate the game compared to Munch's Oddysey... is
it
> as fun or just totally different?

Both. I consider it to be just as fun yet totally different.
Stranger's Wrath is more of an strategy/action game than a
platformer/puzzler like Munch's. But the world and environments that
Lorne Lanning has created is just as amazing, and the story is told
better.

> lastly, is it worth the bucks or do you suggest waiting a while for a
> drop?

Personally, I felt it was $50 well spent as I'm planning to play thru
it a second time, but I can understand people's arguments that since
there's no multiplayer it's not worth $50 to them.

So even all you EA hater out there need to check this game out and
support Oddworld Inhabitants. Don't worry, EA didn't ruin the game by
introducing their own DJ who plays thsoe annoying EA TRAX. :)

>Mitch, are you AccordionAce?

I've been known to squeeze the box! :)

>>Mitch, are you AccordionAce?
>

> I've been known to squeeze the box! :)

I think I had you on my first gamertag's friend's list, back during Live
beta testing. Did you play a bunch of MotoGP?

> Did you play a bunch of MotoGP?

Nope...never.

The SG guys are a blast. No squeaky little kids' voices.

"Thoth" <thoth@notlisted.net> wrote in message
> <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Mitch, are you AccordionAce?
>>

>> I've been known to squeeze the box! :)
>>

> I think I had you on my first gamertag's friend's list, back during Live
> beta testing. Did you play a bunch of MotoGP?

AccordionAce, eh? I believe that was on my friends list at one time.

I have never played Munch's Oddysey. I only bought this Oddworld game
because it seemed like the style of role playing games I love but with some
new odd visuals and play. It was very fun but a bit too hard in parts.
Some bosses are easy to kill and at least one with his "boys" are almost
impossible. At the very end, there is a timed finish that reminds me of the
first Halo game. One person on this message board thought it was impossible
to finish, but if you dodge and run instead of fight....and if you figure
out which way to go, you can actually get through it with about 1/2 minute
to spare. I had 40 seconds left. The hard part was remembering which way
to go when everyone is shooting at you.

This is a premium game and so it may not drop in price for awhile. Some
games like Metal Arms are under rated under played and don't get their worth
and so they may drop. In my opinion, as long as you don't get stuck and
find yourself unable to play to the end....it is worth the price. It is
hard to say how long it took me to finish this because I play in irregular
sessions but I found it comparable in length to Halo. It has a quick save
feature that allows you to save as often as you want and like Halo, if you
die you get to try again until you give up. You can even do a quick save in
the middle of a major battle with a boss.

Glen

"Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
> just curious, how long did it take you to finish the game?
>
> also, how would you rate the game compared to Munch's Oddysey... is it
> as fun or just totally different?
>
> lastly, is it worth the bucks or do you suggest waiting a while for a
> drop?
>
> thanks in advance!

Hi Glen,

I cannot believe this but I am stuck already in Oddworld Wrath near
the
beginning in the learning level where you have to catch the four
different types of creatures. I cannot get across the river. I have
tried everything I can think of to get across. Climbing the rope,
climbing on roofs, exploding barrels, tried to use the electric wires,
swimming. Must be missing something easy. Any help appreciated.

Scott

"Glen Bu" <bumgmt@msla.net> wrote in message news:<XXRNd.3$372.106@bcandid.telisphere.com>...
> I don't know how but I managed to get to the end of this game without cheat
> codes. A couple of the levels and bosses were very hard. Anyway, I will
> give people tips if they get stuck on what strategy I used to get through
> it.
>
> Glen

I am not exactly sure where you are at the beginning (I'm sleepy) but I will
give you two possible answers. One answer is go to the far side (I think
the right side) and you might see a place you can hop up and across on rock
platforms(if you are at that location I remember that took me a while to
notice). The other idea is to use the gun with the sparking animal to drop
a bridge at a very obvious target on the other side that looks like a spark
receptical. One of those two situations might apply. Also, sometimes you
have to break down fences with either a headbut or a spin. You learn the
sound it makes if it will break with repeated smashes. There was a fort I
couldn't get into until I realized I could smash a very big door down.
There are lots of rope climbs and climbs with hops. You said you tried
that. None were ever too hard when they were necessary for me and I am not
a platform player.

It is late and I am not in the mood to get on the game and see right now,
but if neither of these answers work....I will even get on and find the
exact spot and tell you .......just ask again.

Glen

"E. Scott" <scott.ray@sunlife.com> wrote in message
> Hi Glen,
>
> I cannot believe this but I am stuck already in Oddworld Wrath near
> the
> beginning in the learning level where you have to catch the four
> different types of creatures. I cannot get across the river. I have
> tried everything I can think of to get across. Climbing the rope,
> climbing on roofs, exploding barrels, tried to use the electric wires,
> swimming. Must be missing something easy. Any help appreciated.
>
> Scott
>

> "Glen Bu" <bumgmt@msla.net> wrote in message
> > I don't know how but I managed to get to the end of this game without
cheat
> > codes. A couple of the levels and bosses were very hard. Anyway, I
will
> > give people tips if they get stuck on what strategy I used to get
through
> > it.
> >
> > Glen

.....upon closer look I think you just need to finish hunting enough critters
to let the game let you continue. When the electric switch is exposed and
you shoot it, then you can continue.