brownbailey

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Hello,
I'm trying to build a computer and stupidly did not realize until I had everything hooked up, that the mobo doesn't have any video output.
I'm using Asus A8V-E (it's labelled Deluxe, but seems to have the SE setup)
I have a PCIEx16 video card and empty hard drives. I don't even get the BIOS screen. How is it possible to load drivers and install an OS if I can't see anything?
Do I need to set it up on another computer and then (physically) transfer the drive and card back over to this one?

Solution
There is a list of things to check when your system will not post(Power on self test). So it is best to check the list here

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Basically if the system is used, you may wish to first try to clear the bios and strip it down to only 1 stick of memory and leave the hard drive/dvd and anything not needed out while you try to get it working.

It may be a good idea to run the board out of the case on a non conductive surface to eliminate the chance of it being a ground or short with the case somewhere.
D

Deleted member 217926

You plug the monitor into the video card.....you load video card drivers after Windows is installed. It will display BIOS without Windows or drivers.

If the monitor is connected to the video card and you are not getting a display then you either did something wrong with the build or you have a defective part somewhere.

There is a list of things to check when your system will not post(Power on self test). So it is best to check the list here

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Basically if the system is used, you may wish to first try to clear the bios and strip it down to only 1 stick of memory and leave the hard drive/dvd and anything not needed out while you try to get it working.

It may be a good idea to run the board out of the case on a non conductive surface to eliminate the chance of it being a ground or short with the case somewhere.

Solution

brownbailey

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Cleared the CMOS and brought it down to one stick... did the trick :)