Does my build require liquid cooling?

Solution
I see you have a fine build but in my opinion it does not require liquid cooling at all. The hyper 212 is perfectly fine for normal PC configuration & even up to a decent overclock up to 4.5-4.6GHz.

If you want more than that, then you must weigh whether the few hundred Mhz ( say up to 5GHz ) would be worth the money & effort in putting a liquid cooling system to your build.

Other enthusiast will be in better position to give you advice because I myself gets rattled just thinking about liquid cooling... :)

randomkid

Distinguished
I see you have a fine build but in my opinion it does not require liquid cooling at all. The hyper 212 is perfectly fine for normal PC configuration & even up to a decent overclock up to 4.5-4.6GHz.

If you want more than that, then you must weigh whether the few hundred Mhz ( say up to 5GHz ) would be worth the money & effort in putting a liquid cooling system to your build.

Other enthusiast will be in better position to give you advice because I myself gets rattled just thinking about liquid cooling... :)

Solution
Hello eggi;

Liquid cooling is never a requirement.
And some of the premium air coolers even out perform some of the closed loop water cooler kits.

Your i5-2500K, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, GTX 560 Ti and CM Hyper 212+ is a great combo for a mid-range budget overclocked gaming system.

If you edit your post to add titles to each link people will be more inclined to check it out,
having posted at the same time as Wr2 (All hail, All Hail! :p)
I see its a 2500k rig, as mentioned no necessity for water, but you always have the option if you wanted to later on ofc :)

Moto

randomkid

Distinguished

+1. I actually have to click everything to see what are the components. If it happened last week when my internet was low I would not have the patience to check it out & reply.