daveb83

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
Right so i put together my first gaming rig.

Mobo- Asus p8p67 b3
Cpu- i5 2500k - i am using the stock cooler supplied
Ram- Patriot 8gb DDR3 1600mhz
(This was a bundle package from Dabs.ie who said it was completely compatible.)

Psu- XFX 650watt

I havent bought a gpu yet but borrowed an old ATI Radeon 800. I have no hardrive either. (I was just checkin to see if i could get it to bios.)

Now my first problem is when i turn on my Rig it powers up for approx 3sec then powers competely down(the pwer light on mobo stays on) before starting up again and stays powered up. There is no beeps from the rig either

My second issue is my moniter doesnt acknowledge a signal at all from my gpu. the fan on the gpu works fine. Ive tried different connections, placed the gpu in the other pci slot and nothing. i was told that the gpu is compatible. It was a spare from a friend who upgraded.

im hoping that im just a stupid noob and the issue is easily fixed. if its serious break it to me gently and in simple english pretty please.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
I'm guessing you use Win 7. You probably need a Win 7 driver for that card. Also that's a PCI card, try it in a PCI slot. If that doesn't work you need to try a newer model GPU since your MB doesn't have an onboard video port to use the 2500K internal graphics.