Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionMars

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Nvidia 260 and E2200 no bottlenecking?

What is best for ths Processor? 240 or 250? or 9800gt (9800gt is quite super old) so no bottlenecking?

abugroza

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
can't say the best but 250 might be a better choice my advice get an ath x3 9800 is old but still powerfull enough to play recent game maybe bottleneck will occure but not too much except you want to maxxed all graphic on the new released game :D

The answer is not a simple yes or no. You will have to be more specific about what resolution, settings and specific games you are talking about as well as whether or not you can overclock the E2200(a really, really, really good idea.)

FusionMars

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Well first of all I cannot overclock this because it is an HP Model (I Think because the BIOS locked)

The second one I have 500W Powersupply

The Third one I have 19 inch monitor 1440x900 maximum.
I play games like Source engines, Portal 2 Half-Life 2, Left4Dead 2, GTA 4, GTA San, WarCraft III, StarCraft 2, GTA 5, DOTA 2.

well, I'm playing games at 1440x900 in HL2. but in RTS games like WarCraft III I will need to run it at 800x600 settings, or it will drop the FPS to 30, that is not good (forME)

Well honestly your CPU is simply insufficient for a lot of current games. In these cases lowering the resolution/settings will not actually help much. That is actually a good way of testing if the CPU is the problem; if lowering resolution/settings results in the same frame rates.
As for your question about which card your CPU is going to bottleneck all of them depending on the game. The GTX 260 at 1440x900 on a 2.2ghz CPU is just pointless so avoid that. I'd say the 9800GT is about right for your resolution/processor though the GTS 250 may help slightly in certain situations.
What are you actually using at the moment?

FusionMars

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I'm Using an Integrated graphics , Intel G31/G33 its kind of SUCK.. When I lowered the Game settings and resolution the games runs ok. what is the problem? is Nvidia 250 suitable for me?

FusionMars

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
So you are saying that I will get the Nvidia 250 for my Processor? well, GTS 250 and 9800gt is at the same price here. :)) So *** happens, the card will bottleneck my CPU?
That was a bad one!. But If I can play GTA 4 it is just ok HAHAHA

No, it will be your CPU bottlenecking the card from achieving its full potential. GTA4 specifically is very CPU intensive. You may want to consider a CPU upgrade as well if you really want to play that game. Starcraft 2 is also going to have issues unless you upgrade the CPU. You wouldn't have to spend too much to do so. A Core 2 Duo with twice the cache and clocked 1ghz higher than your E2200 is only $70 or so(in the US at least.)

FusionMars

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Hey, my friend, I can only do 2 Hardware upgrade in 1 Year, today I want first to upgrade my GPU and then my CPU next year, then my MoBo too, I don't want Core 2 Duo, games not are running Quad core, maybe new Intel CPU will make it, or other AMD, AMD is cheaper, maybe I go with them. So you are Saying the CPU Will bottleneck it? but what is the performance of it if it bottleneck the card? Is it still the same as my Integrated graphics card? Or a littlebit improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS